Oem or after market

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdubya

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi are genuine Stihl parts clearly labeled? II recentl purchased a 2 piece air filter for a Stihl 036 from a stihl dealer. I noticed the pieces did not snap together as closely as the old air filter. A picture of the packaging is included. thanks for anyiany you can share.

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_063900461.jpg
    IMG_20190417_063900461.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 29
It looks OEM to me. Remember, these are likely new old stock items. In the past Stihl didn`t have orange bags for the pieces labeled with STIHL all over it. From your picture I`m not really able to read the part numbers correctly, especially the one on the left bag. I think the numbers are: 1125 120 1615 and 1125 120 1620. If this is right, you have the correct parts, these 2 halves belong together.

It looks OEM to me. Remember, these are likely new old stock items. In the past Stihl didn`t have orange bags for the pieces labeled with STIHL all over it. From your picture I`m not really able to read the part numbers correctly, especially the one on the left bag. I think the numbers are: 1125 120 1615 and 1125 120 1620. If this is right, you have the correct parts, these 2 halves belong together.
A “Stihl Shop" would be stupid to sell a non genuine part as genuine in my opinion would risk their franchise license

Hmm. Ok. Thanks for the replies. It does have the part numbers. I will ask the shop. Do you reckon Stihl will continue to make these air filters? I know im really happy to have a new filter.

Hi are genuine Stihl parts clearly labeled? II recentl purchased a 2 piece air filter for a Stihl 036 from a stihl dealer. I noticed the pieces did not snap together as closely as the old air filter. A picture of the packaging is included. thanks for anyiany you can share.
They stamp all the parts Stihl and or a number that corresponds to the series saw put on reading glasses and inspect close.

I recieve some stihl parts in bags like that all the time.
Are the plastic parts stamped?

All. Thanks for your replies.this is the status:
I spoke with the seller (dealer 1) and they told me the part is original
I called dealer 2 and he repeated lone wolf. Plastic parts have part no and logo stamp.
I looked real close inside and out and could not find logo or part no on the part.
I believe it gives a pretty good seal with grease on the seam, but the parts just seemed to fit odly.

Should I just go with it and worry about really serious stuff? Like where I can find another good deal on a saw.

Thanks again for your time.

I recieve some stihl parts in bags like that all the time.
Are the plastic parts stamped?

All. Thanks for your replies.this is the status:
I spoke with the seller (dealer 1) and they told me the part is original
I called dealer 2 and he repeated lone wolf. Plastic parts have part no and logo stamp.
I looked real close inside and out and could not find logo or part no on the part.
I believe it gives a pretty good seal with grease on the seam, but the parts just seemed to fit odly.

Should I just go with it and worry about really serious stuff? Like where I can find another good deal on a saw.

Thanks again for your time.
Read this and went to the shop and pulled known Stihl filters,023,361 and 036. None have a part #or the Stihl logo on them. The 026 has part #'s on it but i think that is because the front and back are each a seperate #. The 241 and 462 filters have #'s on them

Latest posts

Back