"Official" 2018 Pacific NW GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best shot I have a Big Bad Bob while he was taking care of a leak in the roof.

20180610_140258.jpg

T spent a good long while working on a memorial for a friend that had passed on, I would like to have seen this Polynesian candle burning brightly. I didn't get any photo of the finished project but he put the 4 sides back together to make it a whole log again, less the big square cant from the middle.

20180609_104703.jpg

Mark

20180609_111207-jpg.657170

I got the starter cord issue resolved on Bob's 1100G and it ran great. It cruised through one of the 48" logs just like it was designed to do.
Can't wait for my 1130G to arrive, so we can have the two saws face-off on big wood in 2019.

Home again.

20180613_183549.jpg

The truck was a bit full for the return trip.

20180613_183603.jpg

20180613_183655.jpg

I did manage to get it all unloaded and the pop up set up on the garage to let it dry out a bit.

20180613_203304.jpg

I came up with most of 39 more saws than I left home with. Several of the Italian Macs had been employed by Oregon for testing chains for kick back. You can see where they modified the handles for their test rig.

20180613_205736.1.jpg

It may be a while before I try to go through all of the new totes I filled.

20180613_203318.jpg

Mrs. Heimann came home as I was finishing my inventory of the saws, she didn't look, ask, or even blink at the stuff spread out. I love my wife.

Mark

Nobody would give me directions to where it was. They must have thought I was some crazed maniac with a chainsaw or something. :D

Hope you can make the gathering in 2019. This was my first year and it was a rip roaring good time.
Bob's "secret" chainsaw hangout is really easy to find, especially if the old saws are running.

Home again.

View attachment 657784

The truck was a bit full for the return trip.

View attachment 657785

View attachment 657786

I did manage to get it all unloaded and the pop up set up on the garage to let it dry out a bit.

View attachment 657787

I came up with most of 39 more saws than I left home with. Several of the Italian Macs had been employed by Oregon for testing chains for kick back. You can see where they modified the handles for their test rig.

View attachment 657788

It may be a while before I try to go through all of the new totes I filled.

View attachment 657789

Mrs. Heimann came home as I was finishing my inventory of the saws, she didn't look, ask, or even blink at the stuff spread out. I love my wife.

Mark
Mark
You sure have a heck of a lot of yellow metal there !
WesternSaw

Hope you can make the gathering in 2019. This was my first year and it was a rip roaring good time.
Bob's "secret" chainsaw hangout is really easy to find, especially if the old saws are running.

I think the important thing is that people have some idea where it is in general, even if those throwing the event want to make it semi-private. So many minutes east of Eugene should be enough of a general description. By the time I'd found the location through indirect sources, punched it into google maps, then found out it'd be 7 hours drive, best case scenario, Mad Max style driving all the way, the event had already started.

If it was only an hour south or Portland or so, maybe it might be a workable three day weekend. Where it is though, more like 5-6 days. That close to North California though, might as well go a full week-10 days and play tourist.

I think the important thing is that people have some idea where it is in general, even if those throwing the event want to make it semi-private. So many minutes east of Eugene should be enough of a general description. By the time I'd found the location through indirect sources, punched it into google maps, then found out it'd be 7 hours drive, best case scenario, Mad Max style driving all the way, the event had already started.

If it was only an hour south or Portland or so, maybe it might be a workable three day weekend. Where it is though, more like 5-6 days. That close to North California though, might as well go a full week-10 days and play tourist.
Next time just PM me and I will glady give you the address and a cell phone number.......Hope to see you....Bob

Back