Oh C'mon already, enough is enough!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem but I will counter....Who takes pictures with high quality ski goggles on?

She had sunglasses on I presume" to look cool" they didn't work. We actually had low profile goggles that were small in comparison to the regulars. I may have pics I'll dig em up.

No way would I upgrade the truck. Not sure I could get through those 3 and 4 foot drifts without the equivalent of Bigfoot! As much fun as it would be the money spent does not warrant the rewards. Not to mention I still have several years left on my factory warranty.

West side here. I am very thankful for getting enough stacked. Last year I chased standing dead to load in the owb, but this winter I would be paying the propane man or camping in the living room with the pellet stove. I have to push snow every day in this weather just to get down my road. The drifting is over 8 feet high on my dead end street. Big fun.

Take care and stay warm.
Phil

I'm also getting my ass kicked by this winter. I am hardly doing any ice fishing, I'm either cutting splitting wood (I can't keep ahead) or shoveling/ snow-blowing snow. To top it off I finally decided to just buy a 10 cord truck load of oak 100" logs and have it delivered to my house and almost all the loggers are now out of wood. The one guy I did find his truck holds 12 cord and he wants $100 per cord, so now thanks to the cold winter and propane shortage price gouging has moved to firewood. I decide to buck up and keep scrounging my wood for the rest of this winter but it is tough in knee deep snow and below zero temps..

i sure am glad i bought the honey badger. I've used it to process several cords of firewood this winter. It floats right on top of the snow drifts. I am also from michigan. I grew up right next to oxford but now live in northern Lapeer county.

photo%28174%29.JPG

photo%28173%29.JPG

photo%28167%29.JPG

I was born in S CA. My parents moved back to MN in '71. I remember cold. -40° F, lots of snow. Back then windchill wasn't even taken into account. Those winters were kind of like this winter.

Yeah, it is getting old! My wood supply is drying up, and like many have stated, the snow is too deep for a 4X4 truck to get in. Am grateful to a farmer who has a pile of trees that were cleared for his pole barn. He's even fired up his tractor and pulled trees out of the pile until I said I had enough for the day. What a guy! There's a lot of Boxelder, and other soft stuff that I wouldn't consider in a "normal" (whatever that is) winter. It's dry.

Where am I going with this? Yeah, I'm ready for it to be over too!

Ski?? What's the point??
Ya' get hauled up the hill, so ya' can slide down the hill on sticks strapped to your feet... just so ya' can get hauled back up the hill.
Reminds me of golf... ya' chase after the ball, so ya' can hit the ball... just so ya' can chase after it again.

I tried both of 'em... the only thing I found interesting about either was the selection of beer in the clubhouse or chalet‼
@Whitespider Come ski Robins Run, Doc Dempsey's or F.I.S at Smugglers Notch and then tell me it's like playing golf. I find you to be a narcissist to the Nth degree.

It's not that I can't but that I won't. When it is this cold it takes the fun out of it. Also seems like lately every available weekend to go the weather is awful. We really like skiing on the west side of Michigan but driving along the lake in inclement weather just for entertainment purposes is really not worth it. A 21/2 hour drive in blinding snow on hazardous freeways.....I'll pass.
We did go last winter and it was 2 degrees. We made out OK and the slopes were empty it it was a horrible drive. We only went because it was a family Christmas present. We stayed right at the slopes in their hotel. Fun but cold!
It snowed the entire time. Hard to see where you were going!View attachment 331310

Yeah, us folks on the lake are having a blast.o_O

Running out of places to stack snow. 130" so far, and the lake effect falls daily.LOL!!
At least the 50mph gusts and drifting is over with for a day or two and there was time for digging out...I was missing a wood pile.

Hercules074.jpg

lighthouse_WEB.35680857_std.jpg

Yeah, us folks on the lake are having a blast.

I'm glad I don't live on the lake. We get the tail end of the lake effect here but its usually only a couple inches at a time
Do you have a blueberry farm over there? If so I may have to come this summer and pick. I love the west side for all the fresh fruit and vegetable stands scattered everywhere.

Sorry but I have to ask this question........... Who skis without high quality goggles?

I've been caught in a white out. Goggles don't matter. You can't see because the snow is blowing and snowing so hard. You head for the runs lower down in the timber, and ski by braille to get there. It isn't very fun. I've gotten off the lift at Mt Bachelor, OR where you get off inside a building and for good reason. You get to the doorway and the wind tries to blow you back inside.
That's when you go ski another part of the mountain.

I actually was not only thinking downhill skiing, but cross country too. Why not go do a few laps somewhere? Get some exercise?
A big field can't be that far away.

We've picked up 4" so far today. Despite being sick I had to shovel the upper deck. Had about 16" on it. Then I did the walks and just a bit of the drive before my burning lungs sent me inside with coughing fits

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

@Whitespider Come ski Robins Run, Doc Dempsey's or F.I.S at Smugglers Notch and then tell me it's like playing golf. I find you to be a narcissist to the Nth degree.

What does not caring for skiing or golf have to do with being narcissistic??
Heck, I wasn't puttin' ya' down for liking' it, or doing it... I simply stated I have no interest, and don't understand the appeal.
Now if I called ya' an idiot because you enjoy it, or called ya' stupid for doing it... will then I could understand the charge of narcissism.
I in no way expect you to live your life like me... and there ain't anything narcissistic about me stating I ain't interested in the same things you are.
Perhaps you should look up the definition...

Been here all my life and was even born at Crittenton

Sent from my Autotune Carb
Ha! All three of my kids were born there!!! And yeah, it was a LONG frickin way to drive in Feb @ 4 in the morning in a snowstorm, lol.

Spider, I was trying to figure how in blue blazes not golfing or skiing makes you a narcissit, too?!?!?!? Oh well guess I am, too.

I'd rather ski like this if I got toIMG_20130103_224532.jpg , you can go more places. And, I even quit that.

Latest posts

Back