Oh I never grease my clutch bearing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i always grease my clutch bearing to prevent bearing failure. Bearing failure get it?

Attachments

• D1CEB382-94DF-410C-ADD7-88DE7E078D02.jpeg
    D1CEB382-94DF-410C-ADD7-88DE7E078D02.jpeg
    558.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 44F2E55B-0F53-4638-AA36-6E3CA45B2B26.jpeg
    44F2E55B-0F53-4638-AA36-6E3CA45B2B26.jpeg
    522.4 KB · Views: 144
But if it was kept greased like the owners manual said it would of never rusted.

Pay now for grease or pay later for clutch n crank? Makes sense to be, of course I get the used saw with the rusted clutch bearing.

It's just a superficial patina of rust. You can (mostly?) clean it off with elbow grease and the right products.
It won't destroy your crankshaft, relax.

For the record I have never greased the MS231 needle roller bearing. It cracked after three or four years of good use. I have started greasing the new one out of the box just to see if it will make any difference in bearing lifespan.
That poor little clamshell: despised by all, madly abused and used for my pointless experiments. :laugh:

It appears they ran it with I stuck rusted bearing. I’ll try cleaning the crank.

Keyboard: "hey ive got a question mark that you can use for proper punctuation"!

Huskybill: "ill use that sob after every sentence i write"!

Arboristsite: "wtf"....

I grease the clutch bearing and sprocket nose bar often. At least once a week or more.
Keyboard: "hey ive got a question mark that you can use for proper punctuation"!

Huskybill: "ill use that sob after every sentence i write"!

Arboristsite: "wtf"....

What are you talking about Willis?

I never grease mine either. A bit of 3-in-1 oil seems to do the trick through.

I hope it’s dried up grease. It’s rock solid. My kid will come over and start it up and I’ll try some sandpaper on the bearing area.

I wonder why the manufacturers never put a small hole between the splines to it may get some bar oil on the bearing?

Back