OIL Dilemma!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think Festus ever boinked Miss Kitty when Mathew was chasing outlaws?

No, Miss Kitty was too classy. Those knowing looks passed between Matt and Kitty conveyed to viewers that there might be a very discrete (hey, this was the early 60's) extracurricular activity going on.
Favorite Twilight Zone episode: either "Monsters of Maple Street" or the one where the toy robot turned out to be a U.S. astronaut.

I think I was in the 3rd grade when my dad brought home a plastic screen that attached to your B&W tv.

The plastic screen was blue on the top, some other colors in the middle, and green near the bottom. It gave you a very cheesy illusion that you were watching a color tv.

Back then, we thought we were good to go. :laugh:

OIL-IPCITY.jpg

Makes me think of Strawberry Short Cake...
That's the cheep stuff get the Samaurai stonger "pong"also ther's one Motul or Mobil smells like banana's there used to be a Swiss oil brand that smelled like crushed mint but I think that's discontinued

That was just the first strawberry pic I found online.

Not to make fun of the situation but kind of. I understand 100% how some smells can push a person's buttons. It's different with everyone. Perfumes, air freshener, paints and solvent, it could be anything that could be a trigger and bam, headache. Girls in the office are having dualling air freshener wars and its awkward to stay in the office too long. I think its part of their secret plan to take over.

That's the cheep stuff get the Samaurai stonger "pong"also ther's one Motul or Mobil smells like banana's there used to be a Swiss oil brand that smelled like crushed mint but I think that's discontinued
Slick could cut a little with walmart and eat an imaginary piece of mawmaw's cake and then switch to motul later in the day for a banana!:drinkingcoffee::yes:

I have been thinking about switching to amsoil. I heard it was good oil. But a 100:1 seems a stretch? I have been lurking for a while and seen where a lot of you run 32:1 Gary?

I have been thinking about switching to amsoil. I heard it was good oil. But a 100:1 seems a stretch? I have been lurking for a while and seen where a lot of you run 32:1 Gary?
I do run Amsoil at 32:1. It is a very good oil IMO and I just tune accordingly the air/fuel and no trouble with the heavier oil ratio.

Kids now days don't know what an 8 track is or reel to reel music is, or a cassette tape is.

Steve

Back in my day, if you had a reel-to-reel, you were at the top of the food chain.

I had a Teac A-3340S. Beautiful machine! I have no idea how I remembered the model number. :dizzy:

Teac_a3340s.JPG

I do run Amsoil at 32:1. It is a very good oil IMO and I just tune accordingly the air/fuel and no trouble with the heavier oil ratio.
I run it at about 40:1, used to to 50:1, a few ported saws in the mix now so i mix a little more oil. smells nice to my nose, no problems (admittedly limited use haha). Ive seen it run at 80:1 for many years on backpack blowers with a afew hundred hours and no issues, though i wouldnt run may saws at 80:1. Aaaaaaaand OIL THREAD!!!

Back