Oil Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously..... how are they labeled?....... with ink from a printer of course!
Or are you asking how the rest of the normal world labeled compared to that funny American method of gallons (that are specific to America- not like British gallons) and fluid ounces?
Yes, how the rest of the world does it :).

The resulting mix volume does not have to be a round figure... 1000 ml + 20 ml = 1020 ml.
The excess 20 ml will evaporate in no time at all :cool:. And then you have a problem :surprised3:.
I mix in one of those indexed fuel containers - there are probably involuntary variations of +/- 10% anyhow besides the arbitrary ones.

Here is what I do. Mix fuel to oil ratio I like to run in them. Then go out and cut up firewood. Really not that hard to figure out. Using Aliquot method, should always be used.

If I read it right you are more interested in the math equation side of it. You take the 50 plus the 1 then divide the liter. so 1000/51 =19.607 and some change. The balance will be fuel. I think it converts to a glub and 3 drips with the last one you lift the bottle so it strings off correctly.

Sometimes I only put 2.34 gallons of gas in my 2.5 gallon container with a little old mix in the bottom. Then put in 2.5 gallon bottle of stihl oil, but I’m sometimes too impatient to wait for every drop to come out. Wonder what my ratio is

Of course you have to allow for the meniscus effect if you are measuring the oil into a container before adding it to the fuel.

My dad doesnt measure anything. He has the same one gallon can as long as I can remeber. And takes his bottle of klotz and dumps some in, and says yep that's about right. Hes never blown an engine that I remember. I will say it looks about how much i would use out of my mix cup for one gallon. May be I should have him do that into a cup so I can see how much hes using. Point being I agree with @holeycow close is just fine

If fuel and oil have been mixed at the factory in a large container at 50:1, then 1 litre is syphoned into a can, how many mililitres of that mix is fuel and how much is oil?

1000-mL/51 parts = 19.6 -mL

S00000...........19.6-mL oil 1000-mL-19.6-mL oil = 980.4-mL fuel = 50 parts fuel

I use a chemistry volumetric cylinder. 76-mL oil/gal fuel = 49:1

If fuel and oil have been mixed at the factory in a large container at 50:1, then 1 litre is syphoned into a can, how many mililitres of that mix is fuel and how much is oil?

Is the intake for the syphon in the top 1/3rd of the can- or the bottom 1/3rd?
Has the can sat on a shelf for five years undisturbed?
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it- does it make a sound?

Is the intake for the syphon in the top 1/3rd of the can- or the bottom 1/3rd?
Has the can sat on a shelf for five years undisturbed?
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it- does it make a sound?
If a man says something in the forest and there is no woman around to hear it, is he still wrong?

Latest posts

Back