• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

OK ... "462 vs 572"

EchoRomeoCharlie

EchoRomeoCharlie

ArboristSite Guru
I was waiting for the 500i. I had some gift certificates I had to use and couldn’t wait anymore. Mtronic is pretty much proven; not so much with the injection system.
Been running the injection system in the concrete/chop saws for a year or better now. Just working out some kinks in chainsaw work. It'll be fine. It will get better over the first few years of use though as well, just like Mtronic.

NIP Group
huskihl

huskihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Been running the injection system in the concrete/chop saws for a year or better now. Just working out some kinks in chainsaw work. It'll be fine. It will get better over the first few years of use though as well, just like Mtronic.
Almost 8 years, actually. Injection is almost as old as mtron

EchoRomeoCharlie

EchoRomeoCharlie

ArboristSite Guru
I thought he had been using it for a yr, either way, both systems have been around a while now as well as the AT.
Not me personally, sorry. Meant 'Stihl has been running'.

I know a few construction guys, friends of mine from high school that have been running those chop saws for 2ish years now though and they're pretty happy with them. They're not 'saw guys' though...so as long as it gets the job done, and doesn't' cause them a bunch of grief, they tend to like it.

CR888

CR888

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've a few AT saws mainly huskies, every current model stihl I've chosen to get the standard carb version. I believe that's served me well for saws that are relied on for work. I'd hate to have a saw not run properly that a dealer can't fix and that Stihl says there is nothing wrong with, it would drive me nuts. Do like the way they run though.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
If the Stihl weighed over a pound more than the Husky everyone would be calling the 462 "a fat bottom girl". What happened to @SawTroll anyway? :)

If I may be so bold "specs don't tell the whole story!"

The sideways balance of the 462 is also far superior to the 572 :dancing:
I'm still here now and then, but I know too little about those models to comment much.:)