Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got the 1st load of charity wood out this year...hard times out there
the guy wanted a saw, but we have helped him before, i KNOW the wood wont end up in the pawn shop :)
he has a BIG tree down in neosho MO. I might get it cut up for him soon
as long as he lifts the big stuff.... we will see what happens
Let me know when you can make it down I am only a few miles from Neosho will come help if I am not working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got the 1st load of charity wood out this year...hard times out there
the guy wanted a saw, but we have helped him before, i KNOW the wood wont end up in the pawn shop :)
he has a BIG tree down in neosho MO. I might get it cut up for him soon
as long as he lifts the big stuff.... we will see what happens
I don't get people like that. That reminds me of the people who have the temerity to ask if you'll deliver free wood to them as they can't be bothered to come pick it up...

On another note, I'm not getting the update notifications... WTF? I would love to make Jim's Saturday but have a $500.00 bill to pay on the next check (above and beyond normal bills) and that will kill me for the next 2-3 weeks...:cry: Just when you think you're getting ahead.

Even if only Kenneth & I make drops, 2-1/2 to 3 cords, it should be 1-2 months worth. There is no reason for folks to feel they need to go to extremes. As Carl mentioned, Mo Jim does enjoy scrounging wood so I'm fairly sure he does have some on hand.

I'm about 2-1/2 hours away. I will probably go up Sunday, Jan 11th.

Yes. My concern is he is having trouble with his back. Docs at Levenworth VA have him on pain meds.

wood scronging is Jims favorite thing.....and getting saws :)

You betcha. Gets a geezer out of the house.

Hell, I'm four years younger and couldn't do half of what Jim gets away with.

I hope they get his back figured out. I may be going through a Med Board process myself before too' long because of my back. I'm not looking forward to it as there are 3 possible outcomes: surgery, permanent PT Test exemption(s), (situps and possibly running, while no longer being deployable and limiting my career options) and getting a medical retirement (taking it in the shorts $$$-wise compared to a normal full-retirement) while fighting the VA for claims after that until kingdom come... We'll see as I'm not ready for a handi-capped placard.

Morning midlanders!

Three degrees here this morning. Half cup of coffee let the new pup out to tinkle and back to bed. Another day inside as the garage is down to forty.
It was 16 degrees when I drove past the news station in Columbia last night at 10:30. I can only guess that it got colder as the night wore on. I had to load the boiler three times yesterday, where I've only loaded it twice per day so far this year. That makes me nervous. It's our first year in this house and my first year with this boiler, so I'm not quite sure what to expect yet. I started the winter with around 7 cord stacked, and I have a couple little pockets of wood stashed in the woods still that I can get if I need them, maybe another cord worth.

Hope everyone is staying warm in fly-over country.

It was 16 degrees when I drove past the news station in Columbia last night at 10:30. I can only guess that it got colder as the night wore on. I had to load the boiler three times yesterday, where I've only loaded it twice per day so far this year. That makes me nervous. It's our first year in this house and my first year with this boiler, so I'm not quite sure what to expect yet. I started the winter with around 7 cord stacked, and I have a couple little pockets of wood stashed in the woods still that I can get if I need them, maybe another cord worth.

Hope everyone is staying warm in fly-over country.

If I'm running a boiler for heat, I don't know if I'd be comfortable with less than 10 cord for a season..
Just from what I've heard and stuff...
They hungry...

I miss Jim!
a5cc0d308b57fb6973653132b71eb18b.jpg

Anybody ever try out the Stihl splitting mauls? Pricey, but they look nicely made and have a lifetime warranty. I've not heard many stories of Stihl not honoring their warranty.

hey all, there is a guy the main page that started a thread useing someones video to tear them apart ..... dont feed the trolls! ..................... do not reply to his threads
you may regret something you say! I made a rookie forum posting mistake... i pm'ed the guy who was attacked , said i was sorry, and deleated my posts
i used to deal with stuff like this on the hotrod sites, first time i got caught up in it.... i dont want to dishonor our group, later cobey

Latest posts

Back