Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy new years eve! We be cutting tomorrow!!
683eee115b6b8e342a11b30e3f4b7e1d.jpg
Me too Mike...
Pasture snags...
Will be cutting, wedging, and letting the skid steer push em over...
If they don't dump on their own...
Hope it stays frozen till noon..

We split up enough today to fill 1 of Ed's trailers and still have just as much on the ground, beside my street, to fill another. Ill get the rest brought up to my house by tomorrow afternoon. And three times that in my neighbour's back yard. Plus another 4 or 5 trees the city is going to remove still in my neighbors yard. All of this was under, and in, the power lines. Hence the removal. Wasn't really expecting this at all. The man upstairs moves in mysterious ways.

Yessir, they are!

Don't know Steve, I just sawed 'em out to see if I could.

Naww, I don't think your crazy!
That's a mighty fine job you did there.

Now tell me honestly, Allen.

You used to work on the space shuttle, didn't you.

Ok, well, I called Jim and talked with him awhile. He's doing pretty well overall. He said he's pretty much caught back up on firewood and that he suspected somebody is bringing him some wood tomorrow. He is also going to go cut a little more hedge tomorrow as well. He'll get around to fixing the internet at some point.

Jetmd and I are gonna go cut a bit of wood tomorrow to have on standby for a cold day if its needed. Pretty excited to get the saws out and go play tomorrow. I think this will be the first time the 660 has been off the shelf since I get her running, lol. Got the 660, 361, and 026 out, gassed up, and freshly sharpened chains on them. Should be ready to rock. Have a happy and safe new years everybody!

You Smithville and Liberty fellas ever get up this way give me a shout ahead and I'll gas up 'Fat Allice' so you can give her a ride.

That day will come. Probably when we have a NW MO GTG? I'm headed the opposite direction this Sunday to hopefully trade saws and sell my 4-wheeler (Clinton). In the mean time, I'm just gonna drink beer and play with saws (not at the same time).

Anybody ever try out the Stihl splitting mauls? Pricey, but they look nicely made and have a lifetime warranty. I've not heard many stories of Stihl not honoring their warranty.

Stihl mauls are made by Oschenkopf. I have an Oschenkopf "Big Ox" maul. They are high quality and worth the money IMO. They make the axes for Stihl Timbersports. IIRC, the Stihl mauls are cheaper than Oschenkopf. I don't know anything about the Stihl lifetime warranty.

http://www.ochsenkopf.com/en/index.html

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/the-ochsenkopf-big-ox-maul-review.264153/

Back