Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl mauls are made by Oschenkopf. I have an Oschenkopf "Big Ox" maul. They are high quality and worth the money IMO. They make the axes for Stihl Timbersports. IIRC, the Stihl mauls are cheaper than Oschenkopf. I don't know anything about the Stihl lifetime warranty.

http://www.ochsenkopf.com/en/index.html

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/the-ochsenkopf-big-ox-maul-review.264153/

Thanks! That's exactly what info I was looking for. Guess I'll just have to save up for one.

Spent my day still splitting these monsters. 17 hours on hour meter of skid steer so far since Christmas just splitting. The two piles are huge.

70078d7d696353b2ae9de476398fd64a.jpg

a00e48bc9b8c8acb0aaedb4181b0be1b.jpg

tappa talk samsung note 2

Had an enjoyable morning, my wife and I got to cut some wood with Gritz.
I don't get out much and Gritz brought his 660, first time I got to run one. Wow what a Hoss!
Drank some coffee, ate some snack. A good day.
Thanks Gritz!

Yeah, it was good to get the 660 off the shelf. Definitely came in handy. I definitely had fun playing around with saws today. I think there's plenty that we cut today. Just gotta get it split up here before we get too much of that white fluffy stuff. I do need to figure out what was going on with the 361 today. First time I've ever had trouble with it. Got home and ended up helping the neighbor across the street install a new garage door opener (gears were stripped in his old one). Wife made ham w/black-eyed peas for dinner. Got a fire going in the fireplace, drinking a beer. Good way to start the new year.

Good morning everyone! Getting ready to take a nap then get up and play with some saws as Flying Low is coming over with some of his modified Stihl herd... Should be fun to run some different ported saws against each other and make a piss elm disappear.

Good morning guys it has been a busy last couple days new years eve wife and I helped get our new grand son home yesterday teacherman and I went and visited with mo jim then we came back to my place and he tried to transform me to a stihl guy brand new 361. then he ran my dolmar 6100 and my new to me husky 257/new ring . :D:D:D:D:D. had a great day oh and I lost a good load of oak some where .:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Good morning guys it has been a busy last couple days new years eve wife and I helped get our new grand son home yesterday teacherman and I went and visited with mo jim then we came back to my place and he tried to transform me to a stihl guy brand new 361. then he ran my dolmar 6100 and my new to me husky 257/new ring . :D:D:D:D:D. had a great day oh and I lost a good load of oak some where .:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

So how'd you like the 361? I tried running mine yesterday and I think I might have smoked the clutch :( ? I'll mess with it later. Getting ready to go pick up one of those fancy Stihl splitting mauls and see how she does in that thorny locust taunting me from behind my shed. I'm supposed to be helping clean inside, but there's just so much to do outside, lol.

View attachment 391279

Spent a couple hours in the big truck yesterday hauling logs home.

Levi's behind me with the pickup.
I don't think him and Sam could have fit even one more stick on that pickup even if they tried.
I figured half of it would tumble off in transit..

Be careful of that. Hitting a chunk on the highway at speed is no fun. In Missouri, the boys in the funny flat hats will pull you over for a chat.

So how'd you like the 361? I tried running mine yesterday and I think I might have smoked the clutch :( ? I'll mess with it later. Getting ready to go pick up one of those fancy Stihl splitting mauls and see how she does in that thorny locust taunting me from behind my shed. I'm supposed to be helping clean inside, but there's just so much to do outside, lol.

You are asking the wrong guy I am not a real stihl fan they have to be disassembled way to much to work on. at least the ones i have messed with they are best purchased and resold. I feel you get more bang for your buck with other brands. I am partial to older swedes,( Partners, Jonsereds, and some of the Italian saws Olympic, Efco. as a few have seen I have a menagerie of saws.:numberone::numberone::numberone:

Latest posts

Back