Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect that some of the leaders of the GTG process got tired of being a leader. Perhaps they needed a few more helpers and not quite as many participants to support.

As for myself, I found that the company of the fine members of the OAMKT gtg was a good thing to enjoy, but attendance conflicted considerably with my families plans. Besides, I'm just not that much into rebuilding and racing saws. It's too much like taking work home with you.

I have been reading the thread occasionally, but not posting; a critically important behavior if you just don't have anything useful to say.

Yep, hear that loud and clear. I like to race nitro off road rc buggies. The track, although dirt off road, requires considerable upkeep. Its the only one in Wichita KS, and there's only 2 regulars that can be counted on for volunteer work.

I've never been to a gtg so I don't know what is expected as far as logs and such. I'm not a racer so even if I organized a gtg, I wouldn't know what to prepare. I'd help with one though if I knew when and where ahead of time.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!!!
Looks like this thread has died

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobey is in charge of the lights and I help out.
584feb78028f06e3170635c393c725c6.jpg

157040830578dfeaf97d3ab7a58cfaa1.jpg

Hey Carl, I haven't been good at keeping the lights on :p
This thread , what it is, still is important.
We didn't try to kill it, but we did, start another that took off like a rocket.....
Any one of us 4 state guys could have
Copied the title off and started it.
It's like hanging out at a coffee shop,
Or saw shop

You can come over but you must host a charity cut or GTG.

[emoji48]

If'n there was a GTG at my place, there wouldn't even be room on the lawn to park all the saws, much less all the lawn chairs. Y'all would have to walk a couple hundred yards just to get all the trucks parked on the street.

I only went to one event anyway. Had a good time, but i'm not much of a chainsaw racer. I'm a chainsaw user, and not so much for fun, but to make a living. I really liked the company, though.

I don't recall that you were there? GTG down in Arkansas?

If'n there was a GTG at my place, there wouldn't even be room on the lawn to park all the saws, much less all the lawn chairs. Y'all would have to walk a couple hundred yards just to get all the trucks parked on the street.

I only went to one event anyway. Had a good time, but i'm not much of a chainsaw racer. I'm a chainsaw user, and not so much for fun, but to make a living. I really liked the company, though.

I don't recall that you were there? GTG down in Arkansas?
Yeah it was in jasper at dans place. You did a topping demo and lost part of your gear in thr fallen limbs. I found it

Yeah it was in jasper at dans place. You did a topping demo and lost part of your gear in thr fallen limbs. I found it

As I recall, it wasn't exactly lost; I just cut it down with the top. it was just a matter of coming up with the pieces.

We don't usually call that topping when it is taken down to the last foot above ground. Dan's was worried about that tree falling and squishing his shed. His equipment couldn't get him high enough, and he apparently wasn't able to find anybody else to climb it and cut off the top. So...we called it a demonstration, invited everybody to watch at a polite distance, and then we had a chainsaw party cutting it up after it got to the ground.

I was really impressed by my two assistants. Hedge & Freehand were like a forestry clearing machine going up that steep hill. I had a hard time crawling up that hill, and they were swinging saws and marching right on up. We lost a lot of time getting set up; I was rather concerned that there wasn't any hope of having a rescue crew within a couple of hours, so I spent time setting a rope that would allow my helpers to get me out of the tree if I screwed up in some way.

Latest posts

Back