Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d379bdd6b5531d2c7c62a18d57199436.jpg

Gave it a test run yesterday. Happy so far.

I am getting a load loaded today to take up later in the wk. I have a new grandson he is doing good but not good enough to go home have to stay close to the house.

Steve that should work jim has helped me out enough I am good from my end . Next to Carl I am pretty close. wish my truck was gas I feel for the over the rad guys.

Where exactly does Jim live?

Rushville Mo

Actually north of Rushville in Halls. Wide spot in hwy 59 exactly 7 miles south of St. Joseph city limits.

Jim is at a 'Y' junction with a county letter road KK in the wide corner of the 'Y'. I usually park down the letter road a dab just to get me arse off the shoulder of 59. Grain trucks go flying by.

Actually north of Rushville in Halls. Wide spot in hwy 59 exactly 7 miles south of St. Joseph city limits.

Jim is at a 'Y' junction with a county letter road KK in the wide corner of the 'Y'. I usually park down the letter road a dab just to get me arse off the shoulder of 59. Grain trucks go flying by.
Google maps is showing there to be a farm with grain bins there..
Edit...
There's more than one KK / 59 intersection..
Found the right one...

I could do that either New years day, or early Saturday. I have to work Friday and I am on call Sunday.
I have access to wood that can be cut for a load for Jim, landowner will let me cut 2 loads....take 1 and
leave one for them. I can load my truck, just a little short due too toolbox in the back.
Let me know what you want to due. Gritz is close to me, so we can ride together or follow each other
if we take 2 loaded truck.

I have truck, trailer, wood, and time. Jim is a long way from me and I am short on cash right now. I am off Wed-Sun. If you guys cannot get Jim taken care of let me know,,,I will get some gas/food money somewhere. My boys are loaded thanks to our firewood business.

got the 1st load of charity wood out this year...hard times out there
the guy wanted a saw, but we have helped him before, i KNOW the wood wont end up in the pawn shop :)
he has a BIG tree down in neosho MO. I might get it cut up for him soon
as long as he lifts the big stuff.... we will see what happens

Got lucky today. The city is cleaning out trees from under/over power lines in my neighborhood. Got a call from the company doing the work (how he got my number, I don't know). He had heard of what we do and said we could have all the wood. Double lucky, I get off early tomorrow and off Thursday, so, Ill be processing firewood and get some delivered before the weather gets bad.

Even if only Kenneth & I make drops, 2-1/2 to 3 cords, it should be 1-2 months worth. There is no reason for folks to feel they need to go to extremes. As Carl mentioned, Mo Jim does enjoy scrounging wood so I'm fairly sure he does have some on hand.

I'm about 2-1/2 hours away. I will probably go up Sunday, Jan 11th.

Even if only Kenneth & I make drops, 2-1/2 to 3 cords, it should be 1-2 months worth. There is no reason for folks to feel they need to go to extremes. As Carl mentioned, Mo Jim does enjoy scrounging wood so I'm fairly sure he does have some on hand.

I'm about 2-1/2 hours away. I will probably go up Sunday, Jan 11th.
wood scronging is Jims favorite thing.....and getting saws :)

ran 236 parts on my machine at work today (9x4") 3/4 black plastic
and rounded them over on a table router ... my hands are sore as heck!

Latest posts

Back