Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy pulls in today referred by the neighbor. Brand new Ms251 stihl in hand with a broken rope. Said it was the 2nd time he started it.... I replaced the rope and showed him how the spring assist start works. I asked him if they showed him at the dealer how to start it. He said they showed him nothing.... Smh

Morning folks. There's a Stihl 036 on Springfield CL for $100. Maybe a good flip candidate. Looks like maybe it has a bit of a chip in the rear handle. Too far for me to drive.

Around here Noone seems to know
What a good price is, I've not done too
Good flipping saws. Not worth my time to have 2 bills in a saw to make 225 :p

It's hard to make a buck on saws anymore, lots of saws on Craigslist sitting that should be long gone and would have been this time last year.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Around here Noone seems to know
What a good price is, I've not done too
Good flipping saws. Not worth my time to have 2 bills in a saw to make 225 :p
Truth..
And I hate craigslist with a passion I cannot explain.
I just know what my neighbors like and try to keep one around cheap, just in case.

I don't like it either. All the cl saws I see here are way overpriced and often the saws in poor condition are priced just as high. Cl is glutted with Poulan saws priced close to new. I've seen ads from one guy who has sunk it to a new level. One saw he recently advertised was a MS170 for $200!:confused: Maybe he just starts there expecting to get talked down but I hope he wouldn't sell it for that to someone who doesn't know any better.

Morning folks. There's a Stihl 036 on Springfield CL for $100. Maybe a good flip candidate. Looks like maybe it has a bit of a chip in the rear handle. Too far for me to drive.

Looks like it's gone now. I figured it would. Local gentleman, very nice guy, snaps those up really quick. I'll bet it shows back up in a few days/weeks rebuilt and prettier. And about 3 bills for it.

I thought about it. I'd like to have another one.
But my honeydoo list is long and been neglected for WAY to long. (6 years)
Kitchen cabinet doors, kitchen floor, more kitchen storage (this one is never ending) :laugh:

To be honest, guys and gals. This is one reason why I haven't been having any charity cuts this season. Well, that and places to cut haven't been working out. But mostly because I've been neglecting a lot of other things on the home front.
Then vehicles break, equipment breaks. The list seems to grow everyday.
Well, enough about this. I've got cabinet hardware to check out tonight.

Latest posts

Back