Old 365 compared to new.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
365xt's are nice saws and easy to turn into a 372xt. Why not buy a new 572, ran mine yesterday are are smooth, easy to start, great air filtration, idle and rev great, pulls a 24 with ease and great torque.

They've got more displacement than the old 365s did and seem to have more low end torque. Not as snappy though. Also, it's a heavier piston, so bottom ends don't hold up as long. Running extra oil helps and not tuning them crazy high. As mentioned above, it's a pretty easy modification to make them run like a 372xt.

I liked the 365 and it costs less. Thanks for the tip.
I would buy a 565 before I bought a 365xtorq anyday sir. It’s well worth the minor price difference... what’s 150$ over the next 20 years you’ll have this saw? 572/565 has larger main bearings, more robustly built along with many improvements and for someone like you the autotune is nice... it’s always tuned no matter what. But if your gonna buy a 565 you might as well spend the extra 60$ and get the 572. They were selling 572’s for 780$ at a logging expo I attended a few weeks ago and I know there are dealers out there that sell them for 850$ with a bar. Which isn’t far off retail of a 372xp. Just have to look around for good deals.

I would buy a 565 before I bought a 365xtorq anyday sir. It’s well worth the minor price difference... what’s 150$ over the next 20 years you’ll have this saw? 572/565 has larger main bearings, more robustly built along with many improvements and for someone like you the autotune is nice... it’s always tuned no matter what. But if your gonna buy a 565 you might as well spend the extra 60$ and get the 572. They were selling 572’s for 780$ at a logging expo I attended a few weeks ago and I know there are dealers out there that sell them for 850$ with a bar. Which isn’t far off retail of a 372xp. Just have to look around for good deals.
:numberone:

Latest posts

Back