Old 89 f150 is no longer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I Fround a nice GMC Sierra crew cab. Seems to have evey option available on it. I'm reading through the manual and finding new stuff every page it seems.

I finally gave up on the old truck. I sprang a coolant leak and I had to ruin it hot a few miles, put it in shop to bypass the leak (heater/ac condrol) and new fan belt. It came home on Monday. I noticed a low tire and ran to twon (4 miles). Steered funny and pulled into the tire shop it was boiling, Had no power steering, brakes, etc. Grange picked it up and gave me a ride home. Next day just out for a drive and saw the Sierra sitting on a dealer's lot. Seems to be a good truck, obviously used well but only one scrape on the side, 2009 asking 13,500. I got it from 11,500.

Just spent most of the morning emptyng the old one down at the Grange lot and transferring stuff to the new one. I will have to cut donw the racks to fit. Jusgt taking a break from that now.

It does hae a few problems, "Need service" notes showning on dash, TPRS and Backup Assist. I'll take care of those next monday, Tuesday.

Goning to give it a taste of it's new life as a woodhauler tomorrow, hawling a short load 15 miles to finish a 6 cord delivery.

I Fround a nice GMC Sierra crew cab. Seems to have evey option available on it. I'm reading through the manual and finding new stuff every page it seems.

I finally gave up on the old truck. I sprang a coolant leak and I had to ruin it hot a few miles, put it in shop to bypass the leak (heater/ac condrol) and new fan belt. It came home on Monday. I noticed a low tire and ran to twon (4 miles). Steered funny and pulled into the tire shop it was boiling, Had no power steering, brakes, etc. Grange picked it up and gave me a ride home. Next day just out for a drive and saw the Sierra sitting on a dealer's lot. Seems to be a good truck, obviously used well but only one scrape on the side, 2009 asking 13,500. I got it from 11,500.

Just spent most of the morning emptyng the old one down at the Grange lot and transferring stuff to the new one. I will have to cut donw the racks to fit. Jusgt taking a break from that now.

It does hae a few problems, "Need service" notes showning on dash, TPRS and Backup Assist. I'll take care of those next monday, Tuesday.

Goning to give it a taste of it's new life as a woodhauler tomorrow, hawling a short load 15 miles to finish a 6 cord delivery.
now just remember that on hot days when you are working an stop to take a cool refreshing drink to give the new old girl a warm beer to help her along! especially them lazy gmc/chevy brands... nothing like a tough ole buzzard and a stronger ford! lol ake care and take time to enjoy the ride turnkey4099...

Took a load of willow to Oaksdale, 30 mile round trip, today. The cruise Control has decided it will only work when it wants to and that is rarely. I'llhave that looked at. I hate not having cruise. The one in the old F150 died years ago though.

Back