old and new and now newest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackops

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
well after over a month in the shop the dude said my shindaiwa 591 is blown. i have a new one that seems to run nicely but it is so hard to start the first time each day , and then 1 pull. not sure why since the old one had no issues re: hard starts. was forced to buy an echo 590 timber wolf today. all 20" bars. should get it within the week. all take same bars and chains and sharpeners and air filters as such. Tough pulling $$$ together. but have a lot of wood to cut and the so-called dealer is not very swift and also seems to not have much stuff or takes over a month to get any parts. others seem to get stuff in in weeks. so really needed a backup. my new was the backup to the old but since that was shot i had to get that 2nd new one. and comments on the timber wolf would be appreciated. i bought it as such so too late to change. end of story...

Your hard starting saw probably needs to be properly tuned or might need a carb cleaning or carb kit. Or swap the carb from the blown saw.

thanks everyone and gord esp. saw started this AM after a coupole of pulls. cut for 3 hrs. 1 pull starts after initial start.

that is why i liked the shindaiwa's and echos. my stihl's you could pull till you had a heart attack sometimes and that was even after running and shutting down - and the weedeaters the same - bought an echo weedeater and now a 2nd and they start half a pull that is why i am impressed with the echos and shindaiwa's.

Back