Old Asplundh Jey series 12" needing Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PooPro2020

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have acquired an early 70's Asplundh Jey series 12" with the White engine and Rockford 4-26165 PTO. seams to have an older 3 finger Pressure plate. I have replaced all the blades, anvil, both bearings, both sheave bushings, and the chipper part seams to roll nicely, when moving to the PTO the Input shaft spline is waisted, the pilot bearing was broken, and the clutch spline was stiped out completely. I probably should have taken everything apart prior to purchasing any parts, but I'm in deep now. I would like to change the PTO Shaft, Pilot bearing, clutch, and PTO Main bearing. My Issue is I do not know where to get these parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know a while back I replaced some pto parts along with a clutch change and i believe "Foley engines" website is where I was directed for the parts. If I remember right the website was a lil weird getting around but I ended up finding what I needed. I think Mr. "Ropensaddle" pushed me in the right direction.. . Maybe he will see this and chime in. And btw the pto parts that I needed were very expensive. That clutch replacement along with pto parts I needed was around 1200 bucks (just parts, my labor) and I had just bought the chipper for 1500 so I didn't like doing it but I now have a great operating chipper for under 3k. My chipper has the inline 6 300 in it so not sure if your pto assembly is the same or not but worth a look at that site.

Mike

Hello everyone,

I have acquired an early 70's Asplundh Jey series 12" with the White engine and Rockford 4-26165 PTO. seams to have an older 3 finger Pressure plate. I have replaced all the blades, anvil, both bearings, both sheave bushings, and the chipper part seams to roll nicely, when moving to the PTO the Input shaft spline is waisted, the pilot bearing was broken, and the clutch spline was stiped out completely. I probably should have taken everything apart prior to purchasing any parts, but I'm in deep now. I would like to change the PTO Shaft, Pilot bearing, clutch, and PTO Main bearing. My Issue is I do not know where to get these parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Landmark Machinery in Mt. Pleasant, MI handles all of the old Rockford and NACD clutch/PTO parts if you're still looking.

Back