Old Echo saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Wilkinson

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, I didnt want to put them in the antique saw portion, but I know the echo lovers will get a little kick out of them. these are my three older Echo saws. 602 and 2 750s. The one 750 with out the chain break isnt oiling, its been in two different shops, and still no oil. I was told by an "expert" over the phone that it was proly the filter and line inside the tank. im no saw tech, i pay people to fix my broken 2 strokes. if it were a truck or car or bike... anyways the 750 with chain break starts runs oils and cuts great. the springs are weak and the chain spins full time, which is why i think they unhooked the chain break...lol the 602 works and starts as it should. The two 750s will be dropped off at a third shop tomorrow. Its an old friend of the family who recently took over his dads small engine shop a little ways out of town from where I live. But hes looking for the work where the other two shops kinda pushed me around about the age of the saws and their inability to find parts (which I sourced). If I can get them all running like they should, I will look into buying the 702evl from my buddy I think he has a 602 parts saw as well. The guy I got the two 750s from has a few old echos like a 660 602 and a 350 or 450 as well I may buy. Just something about these old echos and the way they sound. Ill try n post a few more pics of the saws, maybe clean them up a bit tonight before I drop them off at the shop tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20150615_175745[1].jpg
    20150615_175745[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Nice collection. I have a 750EVL handed down from my dad. Been playing around with it a bit. I wish saw still came with manual axillary oilers.

First time it has been run in a while. Struggling a bit to get the tune dialed in.

i-6FzB8Gz-M.jpg

I think it sounds good, but I guess I dont really know what it should sound like when its running its best. I didnt get to clean them like I wanted family duties and all. If im up late like usually am ill get to it later. Im hoping to use one as a stumping saw and one on a mill. I got them cheap if I bought the pair, so I own two. lol and after I owned those the other old echo saws started crawling out of the woods begging to be ran again. Im working on picking up the rest I was talking about earlier but Im cheap, and the others are in need of repair as well so I really wanna fix the saws I have before I go buying more saws that need work.

Well got the one with the chain brake back. He re tuned it changed the clutch and looked at the brake. Its missing a piece for the it to work properly but everything else works atm. Looking for a 36" hard nose bar for it to be my stumping saw.

There is a nice evl630 for sale here in Oz. Would buy it as looking for a good saw but worried about no chain brake as not a very experienced user. Also spotted a 550evl i think. 452vl, vl500, cs660, cs4500 in pieces for sale here. Anything worth buying to keep?

Latest posts

Back