Old jonsered saw id help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's a K cast near the fuel cap 66e or 70e but that pics hard to see details.

Assuming that all the parts are original I would say a 70E....it's set up for the Nordfeller attachment.......I don't believe the 66E ever came set up for that. The only way to be certain is to pull the muffler and measure the bore...47MM = 66E 50MM = 70E. the saws are identical otherwise and it is definitely one or the other...

Any idea what it's worth. Running and not?

Judging from the pic. I would say it has quite a bit of "experience".....Value is in the eye of the beholder......if it is an early model 70E or 66E and has spark and an intact plastic cooling fan that alone would give it value as a parts saw......if it runs and the intention would be to use it......it needs a few NLA parts so the value would go down considering it's needs. If I were looking to acquire it and it had good spark and could possibly be made to run......$75-$100 MAX...and cheaper would be better. No spark, no run......$40-$50 MAX....parts are hard to find and expensive if you want a runner.......likely be better thought as a parts saw...many of these saws have been sidelined due to a bad ign module or ruined plastic cooling fan.

Judging from the pic. I would say it has quite a bit of "experience".....Value is in the eye of the beholder......if it is an early model 70E or 66E and has spark and an intact plastic cooling fan that alone would give it value as a parts saw......if it runs and the intention would be to use it......it needs a few NLA parts so the value would go down considering it's needs. If I were looking to acquire it and it had good spark and could possibly be made to run......$75-$100 MAX...and cheaper would be better. No spark, no run......$40-$50 MAX....parts are hard to find and expensive if you want a runner.......likely be better thought as a parts saw...many of these saws have been sidelined due to a bad ign module or ruined plastic cooling fan.
whatever happened to the dude,,who was on here for a while,,and had made a few new cooling fins,,the cad plastic way????

Back