old Jonsereds 801 longer bar and chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellowdawg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
got my old Jonsereds 801 running awesome again, just limbed and bucks a couple of Pines about 60 to 70 feet tall with 2 foot trunk set base, hate reaching out for the next Limb with a 20 inch bar, plus it's a little short for lopping off the base of the trunk when Bucking, I'm sure this saw has plenty of power seeing how it drops through trunks like butter at half throttle, plus it has such high compression I don't feel I need to go with a higher gear as I'm never wrapping it out to full throttle lots of power! my question is if somebody could help me, is about a 28 inch or so Bar with proper bar stud for this old 80cc Beast but without changing my sprocket to a seven tooth,so I can switch between bars without hassle of changing sprocket, 3/8 pitch 8 tooth,not really concerned about gauge bar on there now is Oregon Power Match 3/8 pitch .058 gauge running full chisel 20 inch bar, or recommend a site I could visit to help find what I'm looking for,any help with this dilemma would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

if anyone knows if this would work please let me know,I had an idea of getting 28 inch bar and chain for a seven tooth sprocket and then adding one drive and cutter link I'm wondering if that would accomplish what I'm trying to achieve I will look at the link you provided ,thanks for the quick reply

I'm still trying to get the hang of this site, I went to the link

thanks for the link to the chainsaw thread I'm still trying to get the hang of the site from what I was reading I can start new thread there it's for stickies but I guess I can search anyway I appreciate the help and the link
I got Her done have 2 28" 2 24, and 2 32" bars and chains for her, she's a beast that'll cut about anything I'm willing to tackle! Starts right up,and lots of power! Have fell ,limbed an bucked many pines at my cabin,Thank for link all those years ago! LOL

Latest posts

Back