• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Old McCulloch what model?

Okie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Try turning the mac saw upside down and looking carefully for a model stamped into the block, some thing like 1-40, 1-50 or something similar.

NIP Group

Okie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yep, it's stamped 1-51 and 1-61?????????????

Kinda strange to me. Usually 1-50 not a 51???????
You might ask this guy or send him a PM. He knows them old dogs inside and out.
Check post 17 at this link and ask Bruce heimannm.
While you are taking pictures take the air cover off the top and post some pictures of the carb and also the choke oiler setup by the handle.

DisturbeD

DisturbeD

ArboristSite Operative

While you are taking pictures take the air cover off the top and post some pictures of the carb and also the choke oiler setup by the handle.

It looks as if the 6 has a line through it just weird. I was just confused when I looked at it the first time. All I seen was the 5 an 6 didnt see the 1's of both sides so I was confused till I looked closer and seen it.

Woodslasher

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
They used the same block for 1-51's (direct drive) and 1-61's (gear drive). This is a direct drive so the gear drive model number is crossed out. Here's a link to your saws specs. Link

olyman

olyman

Tree Freak

MARK is his first name...………..