Old Muscle, Your Favourite Sounding Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a McCulloch 1-85, 99 cc gear drive brute that will stop your heart if you stand in the wrong (or maybe right) place even when it is idling. Poke the throttle and it will restart your heart again. Fire it up under a tree in the fall of the year and scare all of the leaves off it.

McCulloch 1-85 24-1.jpg

Mark

A 08s idling or as Jerry says a pioneer 600 idling on a cold winter day with blue exhaust smoke puffing out of her twin nostrils while she is bouncing up and down at a super slow lope. ProMac 700 at full rip and I am not even a Mac guy but they sound like raw power waiting to be unleashed on some unsuspecting piece of wood.
Kash

288 Husky sounds like a Dirt Bike.
Husqvarna 288 XP; ported; gutted, dual port muffler.
When I lived and worked in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, friends who knew saws would call me later in the work day with a report of hearing my 288s.
It would go something like, "OMG Watson, we were on the opposite side of town and we could hear that beast of yours today, and could tell by the sound that it was you!"
I was milling at the house with my 288 yesterday. This was the first time I have used it at my house. Everyone around here shoots in their back yard and rides dirt bikes etc, so loud noises are the norm. Had two neighbors come over and said “ I just had to see what the hell that noise was. Sounds right”. I have cool neghbors.

Back