Old ReGrowth Red Maple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God dammit, there is a huge squirrels nest in one of the limbs and the stupid things keep ripping up the bark and tearing off all the new shoots so they are literally removing the new growth because it is all over the ground under the tree. They need to go and they need to go now, the nest is too high for me to access so I'm thinking about trapping and releasing them a few streets down (haha)

This is my problem:
IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

I need to do some deweeding, but look closer... it's not ALL weeds:
IMG_2795.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

The stupid things like I said are ripping off all the new leafs:

IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

Sucess

Finally after the damn thing out tricked me 3 times I finally caught one by only keeping one door open and putting the bait on a string all the way on the other side against the closed door so it had to walk ACROSS the platform toward the closed door to get the bait. I let him go way down the road but I think it was a mother so I am trying to catch the babies to get them reunited down the street. It tried so hard to push its nose through the squares in the cage it had a raw ring around its nose with no fur and very aggressive (probably a mom) but hopefully I can get the young ones back to her.
IMAG0166.jpg

On the bright side this is what they rip off, this was 6 month's ago before my work:
Untitled-2.png

And now present day very high vigor response to my work(branch broke in 2008):
IMG_3222.jpg

And again 6 months ago before my work (in red circle):
Untitled-3.png

And 6 months later present day after my work!
IMG_3228.jpg

^If that rate keeps up and I follow up with my restoration plan I just may someday have a Red Maple coppice stool champion^ There is no damage on that limb to cause it to create a shoot to heal anything it just threw it because its happy!

Latest posts

Back