Really cool.

Here is mine

PE summit, this is here 3rd season

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM

anlrolfe

anlrolfe

Honor GOD, Country and Corps
Old school,
My Grandfather had a long narrow circulator style stove in the kitchen. It must have been wood/coal because it had a shaker grate. He'd feed it small chunks of wood through the top burner cook plates. I thought is was so cool using the tool to lift off the plates, feeding the fire and adjusting the burn. Even though a regular kitchen range sat along side, Gram would use this stove to slow cook magical meals, roasts, soups, boiled dinners, all winter long. Oh, the smell of food and wood smoke.

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Old school,
My Grandfather had a long narrow circulator style stove in the kitchen. It must have been wood/coal because it had a shaker grate. He'd feed it small chunks of wood through the top burner cook plates. I thought is was so cool using the tool to lift off the plates, feeding the fire and adjusting the burn. Even though a regular kitchen range sat along side, Gram would use this stove to slow cook magical meals, roasts, soups, boiled dinners, all winter long. Oh, the smell of food and wood smoke.
Was it a tall round stove? Wondering if it was a Godin, we had one in our house when we bought in in 1989 and it was a few feet tall and round and was a top loader and had the shaker grate on the bottom and you could see a little bit of the coals through Mica plastic. It also was a wood/coal burner. Darn good steel stove.....

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
It’s a Englander my dad bought it new probably in 1985
Very nice, thanks, enjoy it! If I may be so bold as to suggest using some Rutland glass cleaner and conditioner on the glass if you want to keep it clean and enjoy seeing the fire, I have used it for years and it seems to be the best I have found. Again, just throwing that out there, you may already be happy with another product.

Reactions: MFV
anlrolfe

anlrolfe

Honor GOD, Country and Corps
Was it a tall round stove? Wondering if it was a Godin, we had one in our house when we bought in in 1989 and it was a few feet tall and round and was a top loader and had the shaker grate on the bottom and you could see a little bit of the coals through Mica plastic. It also was a wood/coal burner. Darn good steel stove.....
No, not round. Narrow rectangular with white enamel case. Nearly the same height as the kitchen stove IIRC.The top had two large removable burner plates, disks.
I've read about the Godin, almost bought a petite Godin once. Very efficient from what I understand.

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
No, not round. Narrow rectangular with white enamel case. Nearly the same height as the kitchen stove IIRC.The top had two large removable burner plates, disks.
I've read about the Godin, almost bought a petite Godin once. Very efficient from what I understand.
The Godin was a very good stove, heated up fast and did a great job. I then won an Efel Symphony cat stove in a raffle at a local wood stove shop but wasn't happy with it, sold it and bought the Dovre Aurora that I still use today. But the Godin was really good, only drawback is you couldn't see the fire but heat wise it kicked ass!!

VW Splitter

VW Splitter

ArboristSite Operative
Mine is a old school Englander. Bought it new in 1981. That will be 40 years and counting this year. I felt like I spent a lot of money for it back then. It has saved me thousands of dollars since 81. Alotta wood has gone thru there. It's still as good as new. I made deal on the side of it to heat my water, which is a good move if you are in it for the long haul.

Attachments

• Wood Stove 001.jpg
    Wood Stove 001.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Wood Stove 003.jpg
    Wood Stove 003.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 43

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mine is a old school Englander. Bought it new in 1981. That will be 40 years and counting this year. I felt like I spent a lot of money for it back then. It has saved me thousands of dollars since 81. Alotta wood has gone thru there. It's still as good as new. I made deal on the side of it to heat my water, which is a good move if you are in it for the long haul.

Nice little water tank there. I like it. You weld it up? Any leaks

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM

VW Splitter

VW Splitter

ArboristSite Operative
Nice little water tank there. I like it. You weld it up? Any leaks
Not a tank on the stove. It’s a 1 1/2” thick chamber with a 60’ coil of copper tube in it. Water circulates thru and heats up the water in a 50 gallon storage tank. I did weld it up. Works like a charm. It’s a real moneysaver. I’m pretty tight/thrifty.

Be Stihl

Be Stihl

ArboristSite Operative
I use a Jotul #8 to heat our small 1,000’ home. Built around 1984, still running strong. It likes to eat wood, but puts out plenty of heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: U&A
stumpy75

stumpy75

ArboristSite Guru
I have the old school stove in my sig. Bought it almost new back in the mid 80s, just as the first catalytic stoves where hitting the market. This is not a catalytic, but a year later, they added a converter to this stove. I've put a lot of wood through this stove. With the cost of the new ones, I can't justify the payback to buy a new one...