Old veteran requests supervision

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't seem like much progress, but it sure is hard going with the 18" bar. Lots of misaligned cuts, so a lot of extra work for the results. Probably should have just rented the 24" bar saw, which I might be needing now anyway, because I am just about out of room to get the chainsaw under the trunk.

When I sharpened the chain today I also used the Dremel with a cutoff disc to grind quite a bit off the depth gauges. That seemed to help the most to make the saw cut better without the need for a bunch of pressure.

An 18 inch bar's good for 35 inches EZ, keep it sharp, take your time, cutting from both sides, with both hands on it at all times.

Get yur money's worth outta that lectric saw!

Don't forget to lower your rakers once half the cutter's gone due to sharpening.

Jomoco

Hey, subsidize this project with what you've produced. Advertise:

"Barefoot beach--4" deep of the softest sand you'll ever walk in (wood chips). Dance beneath the swaying palm, in the shade of the trailer (at certain times of day)."

Too bad pine sucks for carving EZ!

I have a super cool little Sparrow carved from Teakwood that's quite heavy.

Toasty toes round a fire's about all Allepo's goof for, hot coffee n hot dogs!

Jomoco

Hey, subsidize this project with what you've produced. Advertise:

"Barefoot beach--4" deep of the softest sand you'll ever walk in (wood chips). Dance beneath the swaying palm, in the shade of the trailer (at certain times of day)."

"Free firewood--you split--must take it all." :)

...Get yur money's worth outta that lectric saw!

Don't forget to lower your rakers once half the cutter's gone due to sharpening.

Jomoco

Yeah, today I ground down the rakers (I referred to them as depth gauges). Made quite a difference.

That electric saw has provided exceptional service. It's making quite a bit of noise in the gearbox, I presume. I'm really surprised it's lasted this long.

...Warms my heart.

Warms mine too.

Guess I'll call it close enough on the chainsaw work as, getting the stump down as low as possible, even trenching around the low side to get more access, I blunted the chain to the point it just wouldn't cut anymore. Do you guys think that what's left will be OK for a stump grinder to get down to grade? There's some pick and shovel work that could be done in preparation for that. And also I plan to move the bricks and piece of concrete out of the way.

It nearly broke my back, stacking all that. Time to find someone to haul the pile away. Yippee!

One helluva neat tidy job soldier!

A big stump grinder'll shred that thing in 15 minutes.

Tell them the access is is great, and it's a soft easy pine.

Nice job EZ!

My brother's the general manager of United Pacific Tree Company in La Habra, and has a few big stumpers.

Tell him I said two bill max, and make sure there are no utility lines buried in it's radius first.

Jomoco

J--thanks. Couldn't have done it without you.
I agree with j that pile is tidy, if you ain't careful someone is going to try and hire you. I also agree 2 bill at home that is my min stump which is 125.00. No need in pick let the machine work move the concrete yes but no pick needed. I wish i lived closer id grind that just for the hell of it . It would take me 10 minutes tops!

r--thank you. Hope you're right about the cost to grind the stump. I have contacted a couple local guys to give me a price. One says he'll come by tomorrow afternoon.

Got the bricks removed, but that concrete block must be huge. Tried moving it using a very heavy duty 5' toe bar and it would not move at all; it is solidly buried and likely entangled in the root system. Might have to get a jackhammer to clear it.

Received the first quote today: $900 for the stump grinding! Plus $600 to haul away the tree debris! Yikes! No possible way.

Did a preliminary cleanup; loaded 4 large trash bags with just sawdust.

Received the first quote today: $900 for the stump grinding! Plus $600 to haul away the tree debris! Yikes! No possible way.

Did a preliminary cleanup; loaded 4 large trash bags with just sawdust.

That's ridiculous on the stump. I've done a few 900 dollar stumps and they were about 10 times that size full clean up! 600 for the debris not completely out of line but you can probably do better. when you see some lowlife drunke crew working stop and see what he says it's not exactly rocket science at this point... check your home depot or local rental place if you have one to see if they have a smaller self propelled unit (vermeer 252) I'd say 250 for the day and you could easily be done in 4 hrs with the machine for a half day rate.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

In less than 2 hours I received this email:

"Hi there,

We are artists from Redondo.

Do you happen to know if the lovely pieces in the front are still available? The ones you can see the cross sections of like the gorgeous one in the front right.

Also do you happen to know if they have termites etc?

We didn’t want to make the drive with a teething baby if they were already all spoken for.

Thank you for listing generously such gorgeous pieces of wood.

Have a most lovely day:) "

And 5 hours after I placed the ad this is what the pile is down to. Must have been 1.2-dozen vehicles. Even got rid of a big bag of sawdust. Before and after photos. :)

Latest posts

Back