Old veteran requests supervision

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except for a bit of cleanup the tree removal project has come to an abrupt end, which is strangely sad in a way; I've so much enjoyed sharing the process with you guys, who have helped me so much. Though it leaves me with other pressing projects, like getting some shade (besides the 2 sheets of plywood on the trailer roof :) ) and trying to repair the ancient air conditioner.

Here are a few photos I took today. Hope some of you have enjoyed this as much as I have. It was a heck of a challenge for this old man. And I can't thank you enough for the help and support you've given me, and especially those who contributed to getting the tree taken down. Very special thanks to jomoco for his generous assistance. I couldn't have done this without him.

That tracked stump grinder is really something! Even this old man could do it. :)

Tried to find a wiring diagram on the a/c unit--posted on the Airstream forum--no responses.

Thanks fellas.

Regarding the a/c, I haven't given up on the idea of trying to make the old unit work. That would be my first choice; a new window unit my last. I just had to complete the tree removal project before starting on another. I've bypassed the original wiring and have temporarily connected an extension cord so I can easily apply and remove power while on the roof of the trailer, without needing to operate the switch below.

Thanks fellas.

Regarding the a/c, I haven't given up on the idea of trying to make the old unit work. That would be my first choice; a new window unit my last. I just had to complete the tree removal project before starting on another. I've bypassed the original wiring and have temporarily connected an extension cord so I can easily apply and remove power while on the roof of the trailer, without needing to operate the switch below.

How long has it been since the roof unit worked?

I've never seen it in working order since I bought the trailer, seems like 7-8 years ago. No telling how long it's been down.

I fear you're fighting a losing battle with that roof unit...

That's the most likely scenario. But I won't give up without trying.

The trailer is no cherry, but a window a/c unit would definitely place it in the redneck category. :)

One thing I simply forgot to mention that I noticed during and ever since the stump grinding...the smell!!! There is such a wonderful smell that seems to have permeated everything around me--aleppo pine!!!

That's the most likely scenario. But I won't give up without trying.

The trailer is no cherry, but a window a/c unit would definitely place it in the redneck category. :)

Reckon I could look redneck for a while if I needed to be comfortable. What, a month or two more of high temps there which would buy you time to look at options with the roof mount. Maybe an indoor A/C unit which exhausts through a window?

Managed to get through the worst of the heat wave by running a 20" box fan blowing the hot air out through the screen door. It was overcast today so that helped. Just in heaven with the lingering smell of Aleppo pine! I'd use it for aftershave. :)

Managed to get through the worst of the heat wave by running a 20" box fan blowing the hot air out through the screen door. It was overcast today so that helped. Just in heaven with the lingering smell of Aleppo pine! I'd use it for aftershave. :)

A box fan blowing out the screen door isn't redneck?:)

Back