Old veteran requests supervision

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try to get some pictures of the controls and maybe a model number. There may be a schematic under the lid over the controls.

Try to get some pictures of the controls and maybe a model number. There may be a schematic under the lid over the controls.

Other than the name "Duo-Therm" and "Motor Wheel Corp La Grange Indiana" there is nothing marked on the inside or outside of the interior unit (besides "on-off and "colder" with arrows at the 2 switches). I have not yet tried to remove the shroud on the roof unit. And I have been unable to discover anything regarding the vintage unit,

Other than the name "Duo-Therm" and "Motor Wheel Corp La Grange Indiana" there is nothing marked on the inside or outside of the interior unit (besides "on-off and "colder" with arrows at the 2 switches). I have not yet tried to remove the shroud on the roof unit. And I have been unable to discover anything regarding the vintage unit,
New roof units can be had for 400 to 600 just saying by golly a new unit sittin up there wont look redneck :)

Is it anything like this ? : http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/558op.pdf

-edit- there might be others here : http://bryantrv.com/owners.html

2--thank you very much for locating that. It looks quite different from mine, but it's still possible that the wiring diagram is much the same and so might prove helpful. The link shows what most certainly must be a more modern design, with a more streamlined shroud on the rooftop unit and a different configuration on the inside unit.

r--yes, I've seen the new rooftop units on eBay for that price range. That's probably the way to go if it proves impossible to repair the existing one.

This photo shows the ancient design of the rooftop unit.

2--thank you very much for locating that. It looks quite different from mine, but it's still possible that the wiring diagram is much the same and so might prove helpful. The link shows what most certainly must be a more modern design, with a more streamlined shroud on the rooftop unit and a different configuration on the inside unit.

r--yes, I've seen the new rooftop units on eBay for that price range. That's probably the way to go if it proves impossible to repair the existing one.

This photo shows the ancient design of the rooftop unit.

Yup and reason i was looking at them was to retro fit one to the cab of my 79 ford lol and yeah it is redneck lol

Don't be this guy. :)

e99b78d64a703978fd78952adc3fba45.jpg

Latest posts

Back