Old Wood Stove Replacement Grate Options?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPopp

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a replacement grate for an old Salvo Machinary Inc. wood stove. Any ideas who could custom make a new one in Suffolk County, Long Island.

Thank you for the input, Jeff.

Thank you. Just looked on the site again today after cleaning my stove today. They actually had the exact replacement grate, but for a hefty price of $225. Going to call them tomorrow and see if they have any cheaper suggestions. If not, I will bite the bullet. Thank you again.

I've recently replaced baffles in a couple older stoves. At $250 each. I didn't want to spend that much, but well worth it in the long run. Just be thankful the part still can be had.

Thank you. Just looked on the site again today after cleaning my stove today. They actually had the exact replacement grate, but for a hefty price of $225. Going to call them tomorrow and see if they have any cheaper suggestions. If not, I will bite the bullet. Thank you again.

$225.00 is not a bad price for a replacement grate.I know it seems high but it isn't really.If you were to have one custom made from high quality steel I'm sure it would cost quite a lot more.Keep in mind that you must keep a good air space gap between the grate and the ashes in the pan.
Where are you on Long Island?I lived in Southold for 30 years and loved Eastern L.I.!

Back