Older 266se tank vent id

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtoolsnewproblems

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking in parts list and others repair videos, the gas tank vent is a little filter pierce pressed on top of a threaded vent valve. Mine won't let vacuum in, so I pulled it out, but it doesn't look like anything I can find. It's all one piece, and has no threads on it. I tried to pry the filter screen out of it to see if the valve could be massaged back into life, but when my pick went thru the screen, it could draw vacuum again so I slapped it back in the saw and got to cutting firewood. I'm careful about tipping it because obviously it will leak, but I want to buy a replacement part.
Here it is in a parts listing, but that party number turns up the threaded one I see everywhere. An I just not looking at the right year parts diagram, or is it two pieces and the diagram is missing a part number for the other piece

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210116-001044.png
    Screenshot_20210116-001044.png
    267.4 KB · Views: 13
Ah well hopefully sometime here will remember! Did yours have threads on the valve or just a plain shaft?

My saw is a bit of a franken saw, but it has a twin on my shelf that has the same vent in it, so I don't think the PO swapped it for something weird in a past life

Any chance you have the SE style vent?

I've an xp style with the same type of vent screw as what you posted, but Ive an SE with a missing vent, which seems like it takes the meshy filter style that plugs instead of screwing.

Back