Oldest Saw You Use Regularly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
I was just curious what your oldest saws are that you use regularly, not just fire up to feel nostalgic. It seems to me once you get older than the 80's, they become really outdated but 80's and up seem to run neck and neck with each other.

So how old is the saw you run regularly. I know my Grandpa is still running his 041, which he bought in the 70s anytime he has a tree to cut up on his farm.

Although not real old my 2007 Stihl MS210 (first saw I bought new) by far gets more run time then any of my other saws. I take a MS241C, MS362C, and the MS210 every time and always end up with the 210 doing most of the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

166F2B91-A690-4E3E-B033-75966DFE8215.jpeg

I have the 046 with the D shaped cylinder, so it’s a fairly early model. It runs pretty well, but it pretty well only sees use on fires (which are strangely common) at the moment.

Other than that, it’s probably an MS 441 I bought in 2015.

My not so trustworthy 200t.
I really appriciate the safety features from newer (less than 20 years old probably) saws. When I jump from a tree, and the engine switches off, I just think, "well done little saw, I might have fallen down". The 200t has just enough safety. But plenty power to weight.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

200t, 038 both almost daily year round and 084 once or twice a week. They are no so far off my ‘current’ saws weight and performance wise but they just feel like they can handle hard work better

I have a 70’s era Homelite SXL 925 that’s a great saw. I think it’s 82cc’s and with a 24” bar it’s a still a really nice saw to run. Loud though.

I loaned it to a friend a few months ago and he was blown away by it. He was used to little Chinese saws and a saw with twice the displacement, a longer bar and a sharp chain apparently impressed the hell out of him.

I have a 70’s era Homelite SXL 925 that’s a great saw. I think it’s 82cc’s and with a 24” bar it’s a still a really nice saw to run. Loud though.

I loaned it to a friend a few months ago and he was blown away by it. He was used to little Chinese saws and a saw with twice the displacement, a longer bar and a sharp chain apparently impressed the hell out of him.

The louder the better I say

Back