Oleo- Mac 999 PP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep that was a pm that i sent you Dan , god that would have to be a couple months ago maybe 3 months ago, yes both of us ran it,it ran good and i still say it would make a good millsaw, it is not a screamer but has torque.

I have run that Oleo- Mac a bit. It runs and has plenty of torch. When I talked with John earlyer, I said the saw needs a 15 pin sprocket, because its a torch saw not a screamer. If I was going to cut pack lumber or big wood ends this would be a good saw for that job. If I took it too the woods to drop a tree it better be real big. not a 18" pole.

Anybody can through a snow ball from behind a wall. Its those who step out see what the real target is.

Later,
Chris

Gypo has done video's of the saw cutting, he did one last week in hard maple , you make up your own mind if it is fast or not.

That's right Ben, DozerDan showed us his skilles on this saw, and can't lie his wayout of this debacle. Gee, I wonder why he wants it back? Then WoodsDonkey has the gall to offer Gypo next to nothing for the saw. If DozerDan was a "credible" saw builder he'd make sure Gypo got all his money back!

But the question lies in what the saw was actually tuned for, some of us actually buy saws to work and earn a living. Not like some of you clowns that just buy high-priced toys.

Originally posted by Jacob J.
But the question lies in what the saw was actually tuned for, some of us actually buy saws to work and earn a living. Not like some of you clowns that just buy high-priced toys.

Hey I resemble that remark Jason.

Woodsjunkie, I spoke with Dennis Cahoon and he said he never sent you any filed chain of his, But if you would like me to take a loop out west next week please forward one to me. It would have to be 24" since the wood is bigger out there. After speaking to Ken Dunn the other nite It looks like the logs will be 20" and 34" for the bore cuts and Bike saws.

JJ
That's a good point, how fast is a work saw supposed to be? That 999 is ported to be a woods saw, not a race saw. Could I make it faster. Yes but you can only add so much power to a saw before you start to have durability issues. That saw is made to cut wood all day long, its not a race saw.

When I delivered that saw to John, we had it in the wood pile. After John made a few cuts with it, he said that it wasn't much slower then his KD 084 or 088 (not sure what model it was but both saws are 121.6 cc).

Ed
Yes I had so many problems with my system crashing that I started to burn everything to discs. It seems like everyone and their brother sends out new virus on a daily basis.

Joe

"he'd make sure Gypo got all his money back"

That's a good one. The next time you are on the phone with John, ask him how much I made on that saw. He sent me the saw, I don't sell the Oleo- Mac line of saws. Then ask him about the deal on porting that one. I can assure you that I made Zip on that one. I think it may have cost me money to build it.

John

If you want that saw to be faster, I can do that. Send it back to me and I will set the ports so that it will made more power at a higher rpm, no charge. However if that 10 pound piston flies apart or it takes out the crank, I don't want to here about it. LOL

Later
Dan

Dont hide behind this woodsmod BS. The saw in question is 100cc and should cut faster than it is. Off course maybe its like Donkiesmakita in that it is slower than a stock one after it has been pp'ed.

I agree with you 100%, Jacob. While I dont make my living with a saw per se I do get quit abit of trigger time doing the part time thing. I also like high priced toys as much as the next guy, but I have resisted the temptation to buy more after the Greffard experiance. For a working saw I am not so sure these modded saws are needed or even warranted. Especially when they run slower than stock.

Birds of a feather flock together! Beware of these guys who's names keep popping up. Then ask yourself, would I buy a
chainsaw from this guy. Not Me!

Big Dutchman
One Rugged Individual
[email protected]

I agree Dennis; sometimes the flocks are quite large, and boisterous.

Ben, who the hell runs a 100+cc saw in 14" wood?  When they do, you can rest assured it's not work that they're doing with it.  What if it did cut a 14" cant slower than when it was stock?  What's the comparison on a 36" cut?  As I recall, it was a heavy dog out of the box.  I'd bet it'll pull more chips per second out of a 36" cut now than it would then, and even if it's only the same, so what?  Look at the cost of the modifications...

What has riled you so?

Glen

Glen, If it cut slower in a 14" cant than its no stretch of logic to say that it would cut slower in a bigger peice of wood as well. A well built 100cc saw with a short bar will devour a 14" log. I would bet my stock 7900 will cut twice as fast as that

This thread comes from a time when this site was much more interesting. Maybe that's why it was dredged from the depths.

Last edited:
Back