Oleo-Mac GS820

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oleo Mac is a long dead brand around here, as is Olympyk and Efco in regards to chainsaws. They made some decent saws. They were never the fastest or the lightest but were typically well built and dependable. A few exceptions in terms of dependability, parts were iffy during the various branding runs.
Buying them used is risky as sourcing parts pretty much has to be done online and even then is typically expensive and time consuming.

Efco chainsaws/equipment is still available new, I would have to purchase it online. I do not think they currently offer anything over 60cc ish. More expensive than the knock off dumpster fire Chinese saw, typically less expensive than the Husq or Stihl. Comparatively speaking similar to Echo, with out the dealers and parts.

Oleo Mac is a long dead brand around here, as is Olympyk and Efco in regards to chainsaws. They made some decent saws. They were never the fastest or the lightest but were typically well built and dependable. A few exceptions in terms of dependability, parts were iffy during the various branding runs.
Buying them used is risky as sourcing parts pretty much has to be done online and even then is typically expensive and time consuming.

Efco chainsaws/equipment is still available new, I would have to purchase it online. I do not think they currently offer anything over 60cc ish. More expensive than the knock off dumpster fire Chinese saw, typically less expensive than the Husq or Stihl. Comparatively speaking similar to Echo, with out the dealers and parts.
Thanks mate; I’ve done some reading up about the saw and think it is waaaay over priced. I do collect saws but they either have to be usable and robust or cheap...this is neither

If you're looking for a good reliable powerful saw about 80cc, can I suggest a Makita / Dolmar 7900, ask Andrew (shavey)at AJS axes and saws, he is the best man for these!
Thanks mate. Tbh I don’t need another big saw but I’m always on the lookout for interesting ones, the bigger the better. I use Stihl for my day job but my favourite saws are def Dolmar and a few of the 60cc+ Makitas, 7900 included. I’ve always got my eyes open for a good/interesting deal

Thanks mate. Tbh I don’t need another big saw but I’m always on the lookout for interesting ones, the bigger the better. I use Stihl for my day job but my favourite saws are def Dolmar and a few of the 60cc+ Makitas, 7900 included. I’ve always got my eyes open for a good/interesting deal
No problem, you sound exactly like me! I have a passion for the Dolmars and have far too many! I also have a Oleo-mac 264F, lovely saw, strong, just a little heavy, plus a Husky 2100CD xp which I bought as I think they are a legend! Hope the hunting goes well!

Latest posts

Back