Olympik Gurus oil pump help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guzzijohn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got a 251s running and it puts out too much oil. The pump appears to be completely internal except for screen cover and hex plug. . Online pix show plunger, screen and cover, plus hex plug. I believe the case must be split to remove pump. Hope this can be cured as saw runs great. Thank you.

Attachments

• 100_1091.JPG
    100_1091.JPG
    673.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1090.JPG
    100_1090.JPG
    772.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1092.JPG
    100_1092.JPG
    744.9 KB · Views: 10
Thank you very much. There are no Chainsaw Clymer's available in our libraries. It seems they're phasing older ones out of the system. I need help as I've got 6yrs on ya. Guzzi John Pierson-Champlin,Mn

So the book is wrong? I also read "do not remove plug while adjusting". This made no sense until I saw the hex goes through the plug so screw driver can pass through. Initial running with bar off showed no expected gusher so I'll keep fiddling with it.
From my Clymer book: “Clockwise rotation decreases pump output.”

What actually happens is turning the adjuster screw out uncovers a port that returns oil to the tank.

All seems good now. I can get fine mist on floor like Ranger gives off. The puddle that forms after shut off seems to be the amount of oil the bar chamber holds. As far as adjustment it seems opening the screw brings flood of oil rather than returning more to tank. Anyway got good result from fiddling. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back