• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Want to Sell Olympyk 284F

Four Paws

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Vintage 5-cube Italian muscle saw.

Needs crank bearings and some smalls.

Top end appears to be in good condition looking through exhaust.

Willing to sell all or parts. Willing to trade for a Granberg Alaskan mill, Dolmar 143 top end, 562xp project saw.

Thanks for looking.

20170205_102700.jpeg

hunter72

hunter72

ArboristSite Operative
They are spunky saws higher compression than most out of the box. Olympyc= Efco I have a 152 and a 156.Efco both with compression release, nice fun throaty saws. Had a Olympyc 264 and this saw could of used a compression release. The saw was stock and it felt like timing was advanced a little to far but it did run and cut like a ported saw. Powerful saws out of the box. It would pull the starter handle right out of your hand if you did not pull it with authority. I pulled the flywheel to see if the key had sheered a little, but not the case. I would think the 284 would be the same.
Good luck with the sale

Four Paws

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
These saws are mid 80's vintage, and are quite strong. They are nice and torquey, and dont even seem to slow down when burying a 24" bar. They aren't screamers like a Dolmar 7900 or Husqvarna XP. I'd place them on par with any piston ported 5-cube from the 80s.

Buy this saw and likely have the coolest saw in the woods when you take it out cutting!

I also just freshened up this extremely nice 264F. It would make an excellent 61cc companion for this 81cc brute! I would make someone a nice package deal if they were interested!

20170304_174538-1.jpeg

lbfelt

lbfelt

ArboristSite Lurker
These saws are mid 80's vintage, and are quite strong. They are nice and torquey, and dont even seem to slow down when burying a 24" bar. They aren't screamers like a Dolmar 7900 or Husqvarna XP. I'd place them on par with any piston ported 5-cube from the 80s.

Buy this saw and likely have the coolest saw in the woods when you take it out cutting!

I also just freshened up this extremely nice 264F. It would make an excellent 61cc companion for this 81cc brute! I would make someone a nice package deal if they were interested!

View attachment 563166
If those saws are still for sale, I know it’s been over two years, I would be interested. I collect vintage Olympyk saws and I have both a 284F and a 264 in my inventory. However, having a second of each means keeping them running for a much longer time!

Kensie1988

Kensie1988

Vintage Saw Maniac
Website
m.youtube.com
If those saws are still for sale, I know it’s been over two years, I would be interested. I collect vintage Olympyk saws and I have both a 284F and a 264 in my inventory. However, having a second of each means keeping them running for a much longer time!
I have a 480 Super I'm looking to get rid of, the covers are a little different but the majority of the saw is the same I believe, if your just looking for parts

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

lbfelt

lbfelt

ArboristSite Lurker
I will have to send you a PM. I’m just bringing home the 284 and I have to check out all the issues and what I will need. It may not be save-able unless I case swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kensie1988

Kensie1988

Vintage Saw Maniac
Website
m.youtube.com
I will have to send you a PM. I’m just bringing home the 284 and I have to check out all the issues and what I will need. It may not be save-able unless I case swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Okay we'll just shoot me a message I'm probably about 85 to 90% sure the cases on the 284 f and the 480 are going to be the same I was looking at a 284 f earlier and the handles and covers and everything bottled up the exact same do you know the other 2010 to 20% of uncertainty is just I've never had one apart to look at the top ends or the crank so that's my uncertainty

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

A10

Since you collect these, maybe you could answer a question for me. I have a 284F and the oiler pump for the chain is not working properly. Do you know how to remove the pump and where to buy a replacement?