Olympyk, Olympic, Oleo Mac, Emak, Efco, Blitz, Folux, Spartan, Spartacus thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday all, as you can all tell I'm a newbie around here, so a small introduction. My name is Joel, living in NSW - Australia. I recently acquired an Agristar 350 saw cheaply, and as there's rarely a free lunch, I need a couple of bits for it, first and foremost a clutch assembly. The saw has the drive sprocket, but removing that reveals empty space where there should be a clutch. I'm wondering if anyone around here has a lead on new or used parts, either in Aus or overseas, I don't mind paying shipping, and is willing to part with a few bits. The majority of the saw seems in good order, it took very little to get it to run and idles well, and revs cleanly. Oil pump seems healthy and the saw has an Oregon bar and Stihl chain in good shape, so it seems worth saving to me.

Thanks for reading if you've made it this far.

Cheers

Joel

There is/was a member "Wayne," Avatar " G Max" that used to post although haven't seen him around for a while He lives in Aus & is/was into Efco kit & might know of a spares outlet, I have some clutches for Oleo Mac's but nothing to suit your saw The pt #to suit your saw is 4900068 for a complete clutch which comprises of a 3arm centre 3 shoes & a compression spring

Thanks for the replies fellas, in the end I brought a 264F clutch from Chainsawr and got it sent over. Bolted straight in and I'm good to go with the saw.

Joel

Does an alpine saw fit in this thread. I have an alpina a-40 top handle saw. The fuel line had disintegrated and the fuel filter is rotten. Half of the fuel tank is plastic that is attached to recoil starter housing. I need to split the tank but I removed the two screws holding it on. It won't come off and I have to split the tank to change the line and filter. Does anyone know how to split it, or do I just make a new hole in the tank for the fuel line, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c54485af709e5856f115c4d50bc8c223.jpg

Does an alpine saw fit in this thread. I have an alpina a-40 top handle saw. The fuel line had disintegrated and the fuel filter is rotten. Half of the fuel tank is plastic that is attached to recoil starter housing. I need to split the tank but I removed the two screws holding it on. It won't come off and I have to split the tank to change the line and filter. Does anyone know how to split it, or do I just make a new hole in the tank for the fuel line, thanks

I'm afraid not Alpina are a completely different company from the now Efco company which produce or produced Oleo Mac & the other listed on the thread

so alpina was once part of olympyk???

I think I read that somewhere. This is an old saw. The fuel tank isssue has me stumped. I want to take it off but I don't want to break it and I can't find any more screws. I posted a thread here once about it and no-one knew

so alpina was once part of olympyk???
No they have always been rivals in the chainsaw stakes Alpina's main plant was at Azioni Conegliano Italy & the Oleo Mac/Olympyk was at Reggio Emilia Italy Where they have branched out too, all the Oleo badge brands are under the Efco Label.

I have an olympyk 251 chainsaw. It has good compression and everything. The inside of the gas tank is corroded. I tried some soapy water and tiny nuts and it didn't do much. What else should I try? Thanks
be1587f4c16c652c7f27e8cc8fb98c3b.jpg
a626f41722e178521a99be5ef6aec535.jpg
c3a13ff80c1660ee4f4a29a2849629fe.jpg

I have an olympyk 251 chainsaw. It has good compression and everything. The inside of the gas tank is corroded. I tried some soapy water and tiny nuts and it didn't do much. What else should I try? Thanks
be1587f4c16c652c7f27e8cc8fb98c3b.jpg
a626f41722e178521a99be5ef6aec535.jpg
c3a13ff80c1660ee4f4a29a2849629fe.jpg

sharp rocks.. 1/2 dia.. put them in the tank dry,,and shake it for all your worth..then rinse out till clean. should do it, but now may have holes. if so, oreilly used to sell a gas tank sealer,,red in color.. good stuff to reseal the tank...goooood stuff.

Dump fuel after each use into a white plastic bucket. Let the crap settle and decant into a clean fuel container.
Eventually the crud from the 'white death' will diminish (but not disappear entirely.).
Change the fuel filter more often.

The fuel from the crummy saw tanks go in my lawnmower. Briggs runs fine on 32:1.

Dump fuel after each use into a white plastic bucket. Let the crap settle and decant into a clean fuel container.
Eventually the crud from the 'white death' will diminish (but not disappear entirely.).
Change the fuel filter more often.

The fuel from the crummy saw tanks go in my lawnmower. Briggs runs fine on 32:1.

And no more mosquitos

McCulloch used to use a black epoxy inside fuel tanks, some held up pretty well and some came off after 30 years or so...

Red-Kote is available from O'Reilly's; last time I bought some it was $35 for a quart. I make a point of keeping is sealed and have had some still useable after a couple of years. I can get 10 or 12 tanks sealed from a single quart can.

Mark

Latest posts

Back