Olympyk, Olympic, Oleo Mac, Emak, Efco, Blitz, Folux, Spartan, Spartacus thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll if the rest of the Efco/Alpina/Ole-mac saws are like my 999F, they are great saws. The 99F is quite heavy and diesnt balance partucularly welk, however it is extremely smooth, like smoother than my 372 or 395, by far. It isn't the fastest, but is no slouch or slow by any means. It has a ton of torque, like probably the most from any 6 cube, and more than a lot if 7 cubes. It feels like a 125 as far as weight and torque, with a bunch more chain speed. A 36" bar is wasted on this saw, it wants a 60" bar and to work hard all day long without tiring it's operator. I can see why the Aussies like this machine, hard wood means little to it. Oh yea, it has no decomp and needs none as it pulls quite easily. While it isn't much like a 655, in a lot if ways, most practical, I like it better.

I took the ignition module off today & put it on an electronic meter.I know that it should read between 7,000 - 10,000 ohms,it read 2375 ohms.With the infamous blue coils on some Homelite saws you can bring the module back to life by baking it in a 200 degree oven for 2 hrs.(I've done this & it works) As I was standing there looking at the module I figured why the heck not? I'll give you my report after the module is done baking & cools down considerably - like tomorrow.I'll have to resist putting frosting on it though.Lol
Ed

I do believe that the Olympiks all came with bumper spikes on them,at least all the saws that I've seen anyway.I don't think it was an option where you could buy a saw with or without the spike,it came standard.One of my saws has a double spike on it.
As I understand it,a lot of parts will interrchange from one model to another.I'd like to know what starter recoils will fit onto the 254/254F?
Ed
Any of the 2xx series and maybe the 3xx and 9xx saws

I also need a chain tensioner for both saws.I found one on Feebay for $9.79 + $36.56 shipping right from Italy.I'm not that desperate yet.
The baking of the ignition modules did nothing,they both tested 2400 ohms after baking.I thought it was worth a shot.

I got the"ignition module"today.The do do that had it on Feebay said it was for a 251/254.The 251 was a points coil,the 254 was an electronic ignition module.Obviously he knew nothing about either one.Now it's back to square one again.I did find a former Efco dealer not too far away.I called them & they said they can still get Olympik parts.They called me back about 20 min.later with a price of $88 + tax ($7) = $95.They said they have tensioners too,but I'd have to bring my saw there to match one up.It seems like a lot of money for an ignition module.I have a friend of mine who bought a cheap Husky module for about $8 & with some modifications put it on a Homelite saw.He says it runs good.I don't see why I couldn't do the same with the 254,I just gotta find a module that's close in mounting.The timing works pretty much the same.

I got the"ignition module"today.The do do that had it on Feebay said it was for a 251/254.The 251 was a points coil,the 254 was an electronic ignition module.Obviously he knew nothing about either one.Now it's back to square one again.I did find a former Efco dealer not too far away.I called them & they said they can still get Olympik parts.They called me back about 20 min.later with a price of $88 + tax ($7) = $95.They said they have tensioners too,but I'd have to bring my saw there to match one up.It seems like a lot of money for an ignition module.I have a friend of mine who bought a cheap Husky module for about $8 & with some modifications put it on a Homelite saw.He says it runs good.I don't see why I couldn't do the same with the 254,I just gotta find a module that's close in mounting.The timing works pretty much the same.
If you have a saw with no points & a points coil a NOVA2 chip fitted in the ignition system should get you up & running

The mounting of the points coil is totally different than the mounting of the ignition module.I thought about this when I saw an ad for a "Nova chip" when I was doing my searching.Right now I have a lead on a module in Canada (Possibly),but I'm afraid that the shipping from there will be a killer.Last case scenario - I part the saws out on Feebay.

You're not going to believe my luck,I can hardly believe it myself.Something told me to put oner of the better ignition modules back on the saw & try it for spark,In the process of putting the module back on the plug wire just fell off.It was so loose that it came off the module,that was why I didn't have any spark.I screwed the wire back into the module & lo & behold - I had spark.I put some fuel into the plug hole & a couple of pulls later the 254 came to life.I was elated till after further examination I discovered that the oiler was missing.I don't suppose anyone here has an oiler for a 250,251,252,254,261,264,or 350 Agristar Part # 6000104?
I might be able to get the other module operational too.It's got cracks in it,& I've heard that it might be able to be saved by giving it a coat of varnish to seal it.Anything's worth a shot,right?I still need a tensioner too.I'm getting there by baby steps.
Ed

Chainsawr has NOTHING for Olympik oil pumps,or anything else for Olympik for that matter.For a site that brags how they're the world's biggest used chainsaw parts emporium,they have squat for used parts.
I just recently wrote to them telling them the same thing that I wrote above.I also asked them why they hasve the feature that if I want something & ask them to search for it,they'll hunt through their "mountain of saws" & get it for me.I've asked them for a specific part many times & would've purchased it,but they might as well eliminate that feature because they don't do it anymore.
I have a friend who has a business,he doesn't have a computer,a web site,or even know how to use a computer.He has no other option but to call them for a part & they never return his call.Of course Chainsawr seems to think that everyone has a computer,or have service to the web.

Chainsawr has NOTHING for Olympik oil pumps,or anything else for Olympik for that matter.For a site that brags how they're the world's biggest used chainsaw parts emporium,they have squat for used parts.
I just recently wrote to them telling them the same thing that I wrote above.I also asked them why they hasve the feature that if I want something & ask them to search for it,they'll hunt through their "mountain of saws" & get it for me.I've asked them for a specific part many times & would've purchased it,but they might as well eliminate that feature because they don't do it anymore.
I have a friend who has a business,he doesn't have a computer,a web site,or even know how to use a computer.He has no other option but to call them for a part & they never return his call.Of course Chainsawr seems to think that everyone has a computer,or have service to the web.

You might try calling it has worked for me once.

You're not going to believe my luck,I can hardly believe it myself.Something told me to put oner of the better ignition modules back on the saw & try it for spark,In the process of putting the module back on the plug wire just fell off.It was so loose that it came off the module,that was why I didn't have any spark.I screwed the wire back into the module & lo & behold - I had spark.I put some fuel into the plug hole & a couple of pulls later the 254 came to life.I was elated till after further examination I discovered that the oiler was missing.I don't suppose anyone here has an oiler for a 250,251,252,254,261,264,or 350 Agristar Part # 6000104?
I might be able to get the other module operational too.It's got cracks in it,& I've heard that it might be able to be saved by giving it a coat of varnish to seal it.Anything's worth a shot,right?I still need a tensioner too.I'm getting there by baby steps.
Ed
So what all parts you needing?

Sorry about that I looked on the site & saw an Olimpic 261 oil pump listed, a while bzck I bought parts from them & only stopped when the S&H went through the roof in my dealings the service/ availability was good haven't delT in a while though

I bought another 254 on Feebay today.I'm still in need of a clutch cover & a recoil pulley & spring.If you don't have the spring that's OK,I found one for $15 or MO.,but the pulley I'm in desperate need of.The ignition module that I gave a coat of varnish to had spark today & the saw fired up when I put fuel in the cylinder & gave it a few pulls.Tomorrow I might rebuild the carb for it.I gotta check the fuel line,but the last I knew it was in good shape,don't know about the filter though.I got two of these 254's & both of them look like they were hardly used,great compression on both.

Latest posts

Back