Olympyk, Olympic, Oleo Mac, Emak, Efco, Blitz, Folux, Spartan, Spartacus thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi again Olydudes!

I'm hopefully picking up a 264 and 264F Deluxe on Saturday. Both have scored P/C. I don't know how bad they're gonna be, but I have a good 261 P&C here that should fit. I'll likely have some more Oly parts to spread around soon, depending on what shape these two are in.

I've been looking for a 264F for a while, this one looks like it will do the job. I'll get pics up after I get em, unless the CL seller gets rid of them. I have an over the phone deal to take them, but you know how that works sometimes.

Hi again Olydudes!

I'm hopefully picking up a 264 and 264F Deluxe on Saturday. Both have scored P/C. I don't know how bad they're gonna be, but I have a good 261 P&C here that should fit. I'll likely have some more Oly parts to spread around soon, depending on what shape these two are in.

I've been looking for a 264F for a while, this one looks like it will do the job. I'll get pics up after I get em, unless the CL seller gets rid of them. I have an over the phone deal to take them, but you know how that works sometimes.

There was a 482? in your yard yesterday. Never thought of it.

There was a 482? in your yard yesterday. Never thought of it.

I knew I should have checked the back of your ride! Is it a new acquisition or was it just along for the ride? I'm not sure I've been up close and personal with the 400 series yet.

I knew I should have checked the back of your ride! Is it a new acquisition or was it just along for the ride? I'm not sure I've been up close and personal with the 400 series yet.

The 482 was coming for a ride to my house, but unfortunately it did not stay.

If the other 264's fall through, I have a 264 deluxr runner for you. Jeff saw it, it is in pretty good shape, but the chainbrake parts are included but not installed. Also, when jeff and I looked at it, I noticed a little JB weld on the bottom of the case I have not seen before.

Hi again Olydudes!

better check the jug on the 261 to see if it has coil mounting "brackets". the cylinder from my points/condenser 252 didn't so couldn't swap out with the 251B P&C.

I'd love it if someone could help me ID this Olympyk, which I believe is a 264 of some version. Looks as though it's just sat around without seeing much use at all.

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Oh, and BTW, thanks to 8433jeff, it's now wearing a brand new filter cover - THANKS AGAIN!

Since I'm showin' pics, here's its younger (and greener) brother, which I affectionately call my JonserGreen CS62.

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

better check the jug on the 261 to see if it has coil mounting "brackets". the cylinder from my points/condenser 252 didn't so couldn't swap out with the 251B P&C.

Dooooh! Hadn't thought of that. Hopefully I can clean up one of the cylinders and swap pistons. Otherwise the search might be on for a cylinder.

Match, cant help ya, yet anyhow. If I get these two this weekend, I'll have a side by side comparison and be able to see what's different. I couldn't see much of anything different on the IPL I have.

Officer's Match Olympic 264.

I picked up an Oleo Mac 264f delux a short while ago and your Olympic looks to be similar to mine and therefore one of the 264 family.
I don't know the difference between each model other than mine had a label on the top cover stating it was a 264f delux. It was in a dirty and neglected state when I got it but it has cleaned up nicely and with a new chain runs and cuts well. Other than a good clean I have done nothing to it, I was going to fit a new carb kit but I had difficulty identifying the Zama carb, so I decided to put it back with the exsisting diaphram and gaskets and it tuned, starts and runs well. I will attempt to load some photos so you can compare. I have just spent 30 minutes trying to attach photos without sucess.

Pfficer's Match Olympic

Another attempt to load photos. I have just noticed that the max file size for attachments is 300kb and my photos are 365kb each so I will have to find a way of reducing their size.

Officer's Match Olympic 264.

Another attempt to attach photos. I think there might be some pictures this time.

I picked up an Oleo Mac 264f delux a short while ago and your Olympic looks to be similar to mine and therefore one of the 264 family.
I don't know the difference between each model other than mine had a label on the top cover stating it was a 264f delux. It was in a dirty and neglected state when I got it but it has cleaned up nicely and with a new chain runs and cuts well. Other than a good clean I have done nothing to it, I was going to fit a new carb kit but I had difficulty identifying the Zama carb, so I decided to put it back with the exsisting diaphram and gaskets and it tuned, starts and runs well. I will attempt to load some photos so you can compare. I have just spent 30 minutes trying to attach photos without sucess.

Carb should be a Zama C2-L1A. It uses a RB15 rebuild kit, according to some google searching. Complete carbs and kits are available online.

Here's a link to the 264 IPL : http://www.efcopower.com/sites/default/files/264Deluxe_IPL.pdf

Oleo Mac 264f

Thanks for that information Steve. At the time I had it stripped down I had another kit reference that I was going to ordered but I decided to check the shape of my carb gasket with the one I was going to order, they were different and I could not identify one similar to mine. I put it back together and took a chance it would work O.K. Fortunatey it has.

Got my 264s home over the weekend. I haven't done much with em except a quick compression test. They were advertised as both having scored P&Cs, the seller had the local shop look at the 264F, and I'd agree with his findings. I'm only getting 90psi. The 264 Deluxe is in rougher shape cosmetically, but still decent for it's age. --But-- it pulls 180PSI! I'll have to find out the real cause of it's not running condition later.

I've got a little Mac and a big Pioneer torn apart that I've vowed to finish before I tear any more apart, so it's gonna be a bit before these two will get worked on, but I'll have plenty of pics and video when they do.

Sorry for the dark pics, my camera is AWOL in my buddy's camper right now, and for some reason I can't get the flash to work on my cell phone camera.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back