Omelette Ingredients

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been on a low carb diet since my birthday in September. Down over 25 lbs so it's working so far. One of my staples has been omelettes. I've done Denver (ham, onion, green pepper), sausage and cheddar, spinach and Italian cheese, taco (taco meat, cheese, and sometimes onions/peppers). What other variations do you make?

Try cream cheese or queso cheese. w chopped green onion, or mushrooms, or smoked salmon, or crab, or asparagus, chopped cooked bacon or any combo of and what you're already eating. I like scrambles too and will usually cook the veg's a while before adding the eggs.

I usually toss tater, meat and eggs in a big pan and cook it all at once. No idea if that's a thing, but I eat it.

Not sure how you can not do taters and bread. I eat probably 10lbs of taters myself a month!

As @stillhunter said, Queso is good on omelettes. I like to fry chopped bacon then toss in some chopped Jalapeño or Poblano peppers. Folded in an Omelette and topped with Queso cheese, it's pretty good.

I also like to use leftover steak or tri tip, bell peppers and onions, sautéed in butter with Cajun seasoning. With pepper jack cheese, it makes a good omelette. Andouille sausage works as well.

Heat the pan up hot with the butter just starting to smoke. 3 duck eggs, 1/2 cup leftover smoked venison brisket, cabot extra sharp cheddar cheese to taste, ramps if in season onion and garlic if not. Put it in and turn the heat off the carryover heat cooks it all and don't be in a hurry to eat it.

Heat the pan up hot with the butter just starting to smoke. 3 duck eggs, 1/2 cup leftover smoked venison brisket, cabot extra sharp cheddar cheese to taste, ramps if in season onion and garlic if not. Put it in and turn the heat off the carryover heat cooks it all and don't be in a hurry to eat it.
Hey man! Haven't seen you in a while!

That sounds delicious. I'll be over tomorrow for breakfast!!!!

I loved Cabot cheeses when I lived up in NY

Been on a low carb diet since my birthday in September. Down over 25 lbs so it's working so far. One of my staples has been omelettes. I've done Denver (ham, onion, green pepper), sausage and cheddar, spinach and Italian cheese, taco (taco meat, cheese, and sometimes onions/peppers). What other variations do you make?
I like green and red peppers with cheddar cheese and green onions.

My dad and I smoke some chorizo every year and for about 2 weeks straight I’ll throw some in an omelette. Go to a Portuguese market and get some. It changes it up a bit. You won’t regret it.

E17B80A9-F8F0-4865-A04B-7AD55C2FCA52.jpeg
I wouldn’t recommend it....

When you said smoke I thought you mean smoke, like a cigarette.

Not smoke like cooking meat. :omg:

Back