on road diesel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir for sure. See if those Pioneers had fuel injection you wouldn't have to worry about those Reed intakes LOL!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the thread drift. But I was never worried about those Reed valves. Lol I truly enjoyed bringing the old saw up to its top performance. I like engines and also have 2 Kamotsu engines in my herd. A 40 and a 62cc , both are from the Zenoah, line of RC engines. The 40cc was originally imported by Roush but it is a Kamotsu , I believe in 76. I forgot my pair of G23s, they to are Kamotsu/Zenoah engines, 23cc of reliability.

Yes there many types of " heating oils " so one can hardly argue that heating "oils " are different , lol. I do know here in Central ny. The red fuel that fuels our off Rd equipment, AKA , farm tractor's loaders, skidders and farm trucks is the same red fuel that is pumped into our homes to fire a burner. It is entirely possible that in the state you reside there may be a difference in red fuels, but as for me i highly dought it. Now "heating oils" do vary greatly and there are several grades. The oil delivered to the school reguires heat to get it to even flow. So one would have to totally agree that there are many types of heating oil. But in the geographic area I live in, the red fuel is all the same.

Ken

You’d better update your information. Most, if not all states require ultra low sulphur in heating oil. Been that way for years.
You better check your info, kerosine and diesel are different sulfur requirements, hence why they don’t sell kerosine at a pump that can be accessed by automotive service.

1-K kerosene is 0.04% sulfur content, suitable for wick fed, non flue connected burning systems, lamps, cooking stoves, etc.
2-K kerosene is 0.30% sulfur content, suitable for for flue connected burning systems, heaters, oil burners, etc.
the is sulfur %#’s not ppm #’s.
So yes it is vastly different that diesel ppm #’s

That is what kerosene was originally made for, that was its purpose for being refined as, a heating oil.

Its a distillate which is a very small fraction of heating products in use today. It’s not heating oil, which is what we’re discussing. Stop trying to justify your incorrect assertion about sulfur in heating oil using a totally different product. It only makes you look bad.

Its a distillate which is a very small fraction of heating products in use today. It’s not heating oil, which is what we’re discussing. Stop trying to justify your incorrect assertion about sulfur in heating oil using a totally different product. It only makes you look bad.
You got it bud.

When I was a kid we had 15-30 tractor that started on gas, warm it up and switch to kerosene, warm her up some more and get her to pulling and slowly cut the water to the carb, it really pulled then. Warm weather plowing only.

You better check your info, kerosine and diesel are different sulfur requirements, hence why they don’t sell kerosine at a pump that can be accessed by automotive service.
I have no idea about sulfur content but the statement that kerosene is not sold from pumps accessible by autos is not true. We have it and many gas stations. There is one that uses the pump for kerosene in cold weather and then for cam2 or turbo blue race gas the summer. A lot of stations here have several pumps for off road diesel at the auto islands. Heck one even posts the price on the marque.

They used to make tractors that ran specifically on distillate, ran into that when I did a valve job on and international in 1961, valve stems were longer. Had to pull it all apart and get different valves.

Distillate is any number of fuel types, not just kero. The U.S. Army installed distillate engines in many general purpose vehicles in WW2 and the Korean conflict. They all ran best on gasoline. If I remember correctly, they needed to start and come to operating temp on gas also.

Distillate is any number of fuel types, not just kero. The U.S. Army installed distillate engines in many general purpose vehicles in WW2 and the Korean conflict. They all ran best on gasoline. If I remember correctly, they needed to start and come to operating temp on gas also.
Yes, and for many years the IH tractors and dozers started on gas and were switched to diesel. There were thousands of the TD series dozers that way. The 6,9,14,18,and 24

Yes, and for many years the IH tractors and dozers started on gas and were switched to diesel. There were thousands of the TD series dozers that way. The 6,9,14,18,and 24
The TD 25 also started on gas'. These were the dozers I cut my teeth on, they were actually really good, long running, hard working machines. Spent many many hours on them.

I have never seen a TD25 that started on gas it must have been a very early one. I thought when the completely changed from the 24 to 25 the engines were.changed. learn something new everyday

I have never seen a TD25 that started on gas it must have been a very early one. I thought when the completely changed from the 24 to 25 the engines were.changed. learn something new everyday
Morning, it was in the late 50s- early 60s when I ran one. Big machine, except for having the Johnson Bar, it was the same as the smaller ones. Have a safe day!

Latest posts

Back