?? on transplanting trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwood

Reaction score
My significant other, who does not have access to a computer, has asked for my help in researching methods for transplanting trees. He works at a year round camp type facility for youths with behavioural problems. The camp is located on several prime acres in North Alabama.

The staff there is interested in having the residents assist with transplanting trees from a heavily wooded area to an open field. The tree types are Sweet Gum, Poplar and Cedar. The Counseling Staff needs advice from the ground up, as it were! Rather than kill a bunch of trees by digging in "blind" they are requesting advice on how to go about the trasnplanting.

It may be too much info to request here, but if you could point me towards appropriate literature or informational web-sites, I would greatly appreciate it. They need to know what size trees are best to transplant, how far out to dig in order to preserve root systems, etc; basically anything and everything! Bear in mind please that their objective will be to do this with simple tools (shovels and spades) and teenage manpower!

Thanks so much for your time!

Linda

Latest posts

Back