One crank tool to rule them all!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just use a piece of coke can most of the time, but those tapered cones are slick

having the seal driven to proper depth is nice too... most of the time I just measure with my calipers but having the factory depth setting is nice

When I worked at the local saw shop we used the husky tapered cone to install the sleeves. From the dirtbike experience it’s too easy to cut a seal.

been a while since I've done an update here. ... just got a fresh load of rods from my machinist yesterday, still keeping this going.

I think i've sold over 240 kits at this point... and the emails keep coming. Just shipped one kit out to Austrailia this AM.

odds are I'm gonna have to pony up for a large run again soon...

biggest news is that the 576 rods are back in stock. there just hasn't been much demand for them, and my machinist did me a solid and made single ended m15x1.25lh rods out of regular bar stock instead of threaded rod. they are quite nice. they are a tad longer than the other ones were... and for the next run will aim for even a bit longer than these... I think.

this has been super fun ... espeically getting to talk to so many people from all over the world. thanks guys! pm me if interested!

Used it and love it. So simple and so versatile! It’s not cheap, but you get what you pay for. It’s quality machined and fits beautifully. So simple a child could use it. I have no fear of splitting cases and getting stuck into rebuilds now :)

609B73D2-F447-4B27-A3FB-DFBA3134D377.jpeg

Okie dokie, MattyO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have read this whole thread and see were are up to Nov 28, 2019 and it is now Feb 2020.
I have a couple questions. First is, did you ever hear anything from that Kelby guy? Second, I am redoing Stihl 1111 series saws. The ones I have are an 051 and 075. As of writing this, I have not split the cases yet, and am pretty sure I am looking at "Stuffer cranks" which the big " claw" type case splitter may or may not work on it to open things up. Third. will your tool have a version that will work for these 1111 series saws? Thanks.

Kelby is a zero. Haven't heard anything at all. I even sent him some cash via paypal to try to get a response summer of 2018. zero
I assume he's in jail. ...but thats an assumption. I've tried to look up obits to make sure he isn't dead... nothing. summary is that I have moved on.

the 075 should be covered in the main kit. I think 051 has the same clutch side thread size, so I assume that'll be good as well. if the 075 runs 6203 bearings then it'll be fine. the 084/880 series has an abnormally large pto bearing, i'm kinda assuming the 075 doesn't have the same thing. ...but either way I made an extra large sleeve to compensate for the 880 bearing, but thats extra beyond the main kit. i have a form letter that I'll PM you.

Just did some machining today, so I have a few kits in stock at this point. My machinist has a pile of new blanks, so I'll be swimming in new rods soon. The new rods are being threadmilled on a mazak cnc ... about $180k lol.. they turn out nice.

shoot me a pm back.

4/22/20 Quick update on tools. I started planning for the next batch of tools a few months ago. Since then we've had some... uh, global events. These have had an albeit minor effect on the tools ... a tad behind schedule. That said, the next batch will be in production early next week and again, will try to stay ontop of it from here. Some changes:
1: new jigs being made by my machinist to help speed up things
2: on a go forward basis I'm going to have my machinist make the aluminum sleeves if possible (instead of me making them on the old lathe I have access to)
3: NEW THREAD SIZE.... this is super important. I have been under the impression ...for many years that 075/076 family of saws have m14x1.0lh thread...similar to 880... I was wrong. indeed they have a unique thread size for the clutch side, m12x1.5LH... There indeed will be a solution to this. I'm trying to keep things super simple here, for my sanity as well as everyone elses.

right now I am taking preorders for the next batch and have one order already. first come first served per usual. I'm still getting emails on a regular basis, so I'm going to assume demand is still there for tools, and will be making these for the forseeable future. I haven't been keeping track lately, but I'm sure the number of kits sold is now over 300, worldwide. super exciting! been fun getting to know all kinds of new people!

thanks everyone!

-Mattyo

UPDATE: the batch was supposed to be completely last week. My machinist had a family emergency and he will be finishing the rods this week.

Sleeves are in que but for the preorders I have now I have enough sleeves to cover. Thanks for everyone's patience!

UPDATE... as of right now (friday night) ... it is expected SUNDAY to have tools ready, so I will be driving to my machinist Sunday to get rods.

HOWEVER... this coming week will be sleeve production. I have 4 preorders and 3 sets of sleeves in stock, so I'll be getting that covered this week hopefully.

RODS NOW IN STOCK!!! YEY!!! BUT... I don't have sleeves. Well, I have enough for 3 of the preorders, but not for the other preorders.

This week my machinist will be working on the sleeves and should get some ready so I have plenty of stock.

ROD UPDATE: 076 ...

so previously I combined old husky 61 with stihl 661 on a double ender rod. I'm still continuing to do that, but now ALSO have 661/ 076 rods for those that need them https://************/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png we shall see how much interest there is for these. I've gone years now thinking the main kit takes care of 076. I was wrong. its m12x1.5lh UGH.

Let me know if you need one!

4/22/20 Quick update on tools. I started planning for the next batch of tools a few months ago. Since then we've had some... uh, global events. These have had an albeit minor effect on the tools ... a tad behind schedule. That said, the next batch will be in production early next week and again, will try to stay ontop of it from here. Some changes:
1: new jigs being made by my machinist to help speed up things
2: on a go forward basis I'm going to have my machinist make the aluminum sleeves if possible (instead of me making them on the old lathe I have access to)
3: NEW THREAD SIZE.... this is super important. I have been under the impression ...for many years that 075/076 family of saws have m14x1.0lh thread...similar to 880... I was wrong. indeed they have a unique thread size for the clutch side, m12x1.5LH... There indeed will be a solution to this. I'm trying to keep things super simple here, for my sanity as well as everyone elses.

right now I am taking preorders for the next batch and have one order already. first come first served per usual. I'm still getting emails on a regular basis, so I'm going to assume demand is still there for tools, and will be making these for the forseeable future. I haven't been keeping track lately, but I'm sure the number of kits sold is now over 300, worldwide. super exciting! been fun getting to know all kinds of new people!

thanks everyone!

-Mattyo
HI Matt
I would like to order a set
of your Crankshaft Tools
I am not far from you in
Sturbridge,Ma area Where 84 Starts
and if your Still in Farmington CT it
About a 40 mile Trip so i could swing by
if you allowed that and save you the packing time
Or if you want to ship thats fine as well
Please let me know how to Purchase and Price