One down, nine to go

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well crap. I was working up some pecan and got my stubby finger ripped open again by the ruff bark just when it had healed over.
My fault by not having it covered with a band aid. Back to an open wound again. All the new skin has to heal over again.

Sorry to hear this.
I do thank you for posting.
I will be a good reminder for me next time I run the splitter.
I should forget, because I got lucky and it just sucked the edge of my glove in and tore the glove.

Hopefully the pain subsides quickly. Best of luck to you.

Finger is pretty much healed up. I am having an issue with the cold weather though. That finger gets really cold in the cold weather. I suspect I have poor circulation that's causing it to get really cold. It gets so cold I have to stop and go in to worm it up. Gloves don't help much at all.

Finger is pretty much healed up. I am having an issue with the cold weather though. That finger gets really cold in the cold weather. I suspect I have poor circulation that's causing it to get really cold. I gets so cold I have to stop and go in to worm it up. Gloves don't help much at all.
Yes your gonna have this I still struggle after three years it makes it tough hunting white tails up here in the north.

It's only been not quite 4 months since I lost it so I'm sure with more time I'll just adapt. I'm already back playing guitar though it's been a struggle relearning to play with just 3 fingers. I do miss having a fingernail to pick those pesky buggers that stick to the side and need prying out. lol

It's been a full year sinse I had my acodent with my splitter and lost the end of my index finger on my left hand and I'm still adjusting and find more and more things that I have to work around but all pain is gone and I'm starting to not fear hurting and favoring it as much. The only thing I have to add is don't get complacent or to comfortable when working with any power equipment. Things can happen in the blink of an eye. I got sloppy and paid a heavy price. Don't be like me, always pay attention and never let your guard down.

Latest posts

Back