• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

One Man Has Three Wives....

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Back in the late 60’s I spent several months at an airbase in Thailand.A nice lady in her early 30’s cleaned our barracks.She told us she was one of 3 wives and she was the 1st. The 2nd wife stayed at home did the house work and watched the kids.The 3rd wife was in her late teens,well let’s say she just stayed at home with the hubby.We were led to believe the hubby’s full time job was at home and the one cleaning the barracks supported the family.Hard to believe there was no friction.
I've always thought the Asian system of a #1 wife and concubines was a great idea - #1 wife got all the perks and the added bonus of not having to be pestered all the time by a horny husband. Win-win for everyone.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
I've always thought the Asian system of a #1 wife and concubines was a great idea - #1 wife got all the perks and the added bonus of not having to be pestered all the time by a horny husband. Win-win for everyone.

Hmm. Maybe I should suggest that to my poor wife. I seem to have an unusually strong drive, in case that wasn't already obvious! :laugh:

family1.jpg

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

ArboristSite Guru
Win-win for everyone? Lol most woman’s dream isn’t to cook and clean while you are getting your rocks off with a younger woman. Even the “mail order” brides seem to get used to the American way after a few years and kick the husband to the curb. Best bet is to treat your lady right, and you’ll get laid.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Win-win for everyone? Lol most woman’s dream isn’t to cook and clean while you are getting your rocks off with a younger woman. Even the “mail order” brides seem to get used to the American way after a few years and kick the husband to the curb. Best bet is to treat your lady right, and you’ll get laid.
#1 wife doesn't cook and clean, silly.

Wood Doctor

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Three wives may be more stable that just two because four people are involved. When only three people are involved, two will usually form a coalition against the third and the group splits up. When four are involved, it usually becomes two against two, regardless of sex, and those differences are then more easily resolved and the group remains intact. Several studies have been conducted to illustrate this phenomenon.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Three wives may be more stable that just two because four people are involved. When only three people are involved, two will usually form a coalition against the third and the group splits up. When four are involved, it usually becomes two against two, regardless of sex, and those differences are then more easily resolved and the group remains intact. Several studies have been conducted to illustrate this phenomenon.
Idk... what prevents the three from ganging up on the one?
Especially if there are three women and one man, I would think this would be more likely to happen.

Wood Doctor

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Idk... what prevents the three from ganging up on the one?
Especially if there are three women and one man, I would think this would be more likely to happen.
Surprisingly, it does not, because two can gang up on one much easier than three can agree to form a coalition against one. So, the group of four is much more stable that a group of three.

Wood Doctor

Wood Doctor

Edwin
This is interesting.. what are your sources of information?
I studied quite a bit of social psychology in graduate school. Several of these studies were conducted after WWII and the Korean War when society was short on young men who were in the service or died in action.

In addition, one of the 3-person unstable group applications has been utilized for years on TV by Merv Griffin 0n Jeopardy and the Price is Right. The concept of the prisoner's dilemma is in effect rather frequently on these shows, especially on Jeopardy during the final question. Often the winner is the contestant with the lowest score going into the final question. He/she can win by betting very little as the top two contestants have to wage a betting war.

When I taught college courses, the students hated it whenever I graded them (rights minus wrongs) on any test. So, it fascinates me that Jeopardy scores exactly this way and everyone seems to like the show.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
I studied quite a bit of social psychology in graduate school. Several of these studies were conducted after WWII and the Korean War when society was short on young men who were in the service or died in action.

In addition, one of the 3-person unstable group applications has been utilized for years on TV by Merv Griffin 0n Jeopardy and the Price is Right. The concept of the prisoner's dilemma is in effect rather frequently on these shows, especially on Jeopardy during the final question. Often the winner is the contestant with the lowest score going into the final question. He/she can win by betting very little as the top two contestants have to wage a betting war.

When I taught college courses, the students hated it whenever I graded them (rights minus wrongs) on any test. So, it fascinates me that Jeopardy scores exactly this way and everyone seems to like the show.
:heart: Love stuff like this... any good books on the subject you can recommend?

Wood Doctor

Wood Doctor

Edwin
I can see that in everyday life and you might be right!
I'm surprised the rather recent transexual movement never was discussed here. Consider the possibility that two of the wives are lesbians and the third is either bisexual or heterosexual. I've been told that this arrangement is more common than you might at first think. Legally there is only one wife but the other two "wives" live in the household.

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
I'm surprised the rather recent transexual movement never was discussed here. Consider the possibility that two of the wives are lesbians and the third is either bisexual or heterosexual. I've been told that this arrangement is more common than you might at first think. Legally there is only one wife but the other two "wives" live in the household.
:dizzy: