One mans junk is anothers treasure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Offcourse i have 220 in my shop but it sux being in the shop i drug home 1981 big40 it didnt run. I got it running pretty quick even runs damn good.
But it didnt weld, finally got help to figure out the welding end and have rectifires on the way to suposebly get it welding.
20180208_193352.jpg 20180208_190959.jpg

The big40 may or may not run with new bridge rectifiers but the cost 8 bucks and will atleast help trouble shoot the rest. Most likely they will ive ohmed them as well someone smater than me lol and they flow both ways.

So while waiting on parts for 40 i made the mistake of watching craigs list. Though the big 40 was good deal no cash exchanged it is pipeline welder yes itl be handy if i need to weld 1/2" plate at work but basicaly its welder

This bobcat 225 also a no cash trade deal. Machine would sputter and run but not good though my eyes lit up when it lit my grinder up the very next day i tore the heads off onan degunked the carb in kitchen sink
20180211_100429.jpgounce back together i found it was barrely getting spark hmmm running a jumper wire from the battery to hot side on coil made her come to life shes got a broken or loose wire. Ive been studying wire diagrams and hoping to figure it out today
20180210_152718.jpg 20180211_134745_6180.jpg i was suprised at the lack of carbon in this thing. Cyclinder walls look very good. I cleaned up the little bit of carbon on pistons and valves and slapped the heads back on. Offcourse right on old gasket cause im always broke lol

Have a snow day today so hoping to figure out the ignition issues and parts are coming for 40. The bobcat works and am confident i can fix it correctly or run a switch to coil and use it as is. Either way im looking at haveing 2 running worker welders for pennies

I was going to buy a used bobcat they cost 2000 or so. If these pan out ill get a hypotherm 30air or rebel 215 to upgrade my wire welder and have tig for ***** and giggles portable plaz would be amazing

Anyways thats all. Lol. Its warmingup so ill get to chasing bibcat wires

Latest posts

Back