Only hazardous removals during Coronavirus?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Landscape maintenance and tree care are considered essential services. Actually a pretty long list of stuff you can still do in most states, including gun shopping. Like anything there are exceptions.

We have delayed work at the homes of older people since they are highest risk. Our construction crews on the other hand are continuing building and renovation on elder care facilities, with pretty tight controls on access to the site and daily screenings, i.e. "He doesn't look sick so he can work today." A joke really, but the lawyers say it "helps with liability."

Governor Wolf has closed all non essential businesses in PA. His list is somewhat vague.

I have some work scheduled for otherwise healthy trees but I'm considering just doing dead trees and hazard type work, which I would consider "essential"... I've got about 80 dead/dying trees to do at a golf course which would keep us busy for a bit. Not sure if that counts as "essential" since they aren't affecting people's homes or otherwise life-sustaining activity.

What are you guys doing?
The Company I'm working with here in northern calif. Has a contract with ATT doing line clearance and emergency
Governor Wolf has closed all non essential businesses in PA. His list is somewhat vague.

I have some work scheduled for otherwise healthy trees but I'm considering just doing dead trees and hazard type work, which I would consider "essential"... I've got about 80 dead/dying trees to do at a golf course which would keep us busy for a bit. Not sure if that counts as "essential" since they aren't affecting people's homes or otherwise life-sustaining activity.

What are you guys doing?
the company I work with has a contract with ATT doing line clearance and emergency response. So we have a letter from the police department saying were essential worker,
To day we did crane removals in a mobile home park. Its business as usual for us.
Though many people are canceling work because their laid off, I think I'm going to hold up and not leave the house at the end of this week as it's getting pretty bad in some places out here,
I had a cold and was told to go get tested befor I could go back to work. They wouldn't let me test cuz I wasn't sick enough and theres a shortage of tests.
My cold went a way and they let me go back to work.
How you doing Mike? Long time how you doing?

FWIW, the DHS changed the document listing 'essential' employees to include landscapers.

Stay 6' apart on job. Drive separate trucks to the site. Don't share tools as much as possible. Communicate with clients via phone - even standing in front of their window while having a conversation. Etc...

Stay safe all!

The Company I'm working with here in northern calif. Has a contract with ATT doing line clearance and emergency

the company I work with has a contract with ATT doing line clearance and emergency response. So we have a letter from the police department saying were essential worker,
To day we did crane removals in a mobile home park. Its business as usual for us.
Though many people are canceling work because their laid off, I think I'm going to hold up and not leave the house at the end of this week as it's getting pretty bad in some places out here,
I had a cold and was told to go get tested befor I could go back to work. They wouldn't let me test cuz I wasn't sick enough and theres a shortage of tests.
My cold went a way and they let me go back to work.
How you doing Mike? Long time how you doing?

Hey Wade!

We're doing great. 4 kids now. Pastoring and tree climbing a few days a week. EAB is hitting very hard here. I don't miss palm trees. How are you?

I’m doing well Mike. Been all over the country with my wife, following tree contracts. In Northern Calif. now.
62 and lead climber for a established tree company. Doing what I love”trees”. Congratulations on your family.

I’m doing well Mike. Been all over the country with my wife, following tree contracts. In Northern Calif. now.
62 and lead climber for a established tree company. Doing what I love”trees”. Congratulations on your family.

Awesome!

I was just telling someone last week about you and how you taught me a lot about climbing. Give me a holler if you ever find yourself in PA!

Latest posts

Back