Only slightly off topic - B-29 model plane with 4 chainsaw engines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet!

Right before take off; I'm like please tell me that X-1 is going to detach and glide down....Then, whooooosh! Never thought they actually stuffed a rocket engine it. VERY COOL

Some years back a guy built a model of a Lancaster that used 4 34cc chainsaw based motors That dropped a mock "Dam Busters" bouncing bomb as far as I could tell the motors were Skilsaw 16 range.Retracting under carriage & firing guns I thought there was a video but I failed to find it

The owner of the old saw shop near me told me about how some people came in a few years ago asking him if he had any clunker gas-powered string trimmers or leaf blowers he wanted to get rid of. Turns out they were from an r/c group out of Rochester and bought them for the engines or parts sources. He ended up selling them 2 heaping pickup loads of trimmers and leaf blowers. He didn't remember if they were used for cars or planes though.

Everytime the b25 & mustang visit our Stratford,ct air port I get goose bumps when I hear the radial engines from the b25. I fish near there and don’t have to turn around to look at what it is once I hear the engines roar, I believe I died in one of those bombers during ww2 and been reincarnated. I get goose bumps and gitters really bad when I hear those engines.

BA2510EE-3180-4C97-A009-F2320E843F1F.png I know Homelite was building purpose built R/C aircraft engines from the 70’s till the 90’s. I’m sure other manufacturers were making them too. Some were based on the Super EZ chainsaw engine.

Back