Ontario Chainsaw Users

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy down in Picton is and excellent Husky dealer w/o the hours drive. Went to Kingston dealer when I was in town a while ago and couldn't get anyone to give me the time of day...not ever going back! Going to stop in the Napanee dealer some day after work to check them out. I live in the upper part of PEC, dabbled in logging for a short time but now just cut for myself.

Wawa, ON.
-super ez
-R55
-not running 064
-soon to be rebuilt 660
-couple of boxes of random parts

I cut everything and anything

Hey 4xrpm4x. Wawa's in the Northern Ontario mining belt. I've had a few staking jobs out that way (Josephine Mine). Nice country - alot of hills though. Have you ever done any line cutting work?

Actually, this fall when I got laid off work I did some line cutting around the river gold mine area. Just about every type of terrain you could imagine around here.
I offroad a lot around the Josephine mine area as well.

Hi there,
I'm from Richmond Hill, Ontario. Welcome to the forum. I use my Stihl's to cut overgrowth at my rental properties and my dad's, father in-law, etc. I have a 038 Super Pro, 026, four MS200T's and one MS200 rear handle. I lucked into two of the MS200T from a local Kijiji seller for $130 for the pair so I could not turn that down. I would definitely like to attend an event in Ontario :)

4xrpmx4,

Who were you cutting for in that area? I staked the Josephine Mine this past June for a private company after the previous owner (Canada Iron Inc.) forgot to renew the claims. We had some crazy hills to run, but we had all 3 claims finished in about 45 minutes. Two of my claimposts are on the south shore of the lake (just off the road) on the way into the mine.

Not sure of the company. I think it was private. Hired a couple of the guys I work with. We had a good time.

We have had steady freezing rain here (Quinte) since midnight, drive safe people and hope the power stays on! A gtg in Denbigh would be great...as long as it wasn't during fly time...had my arse chewed off back there more than once!!

Well Rowan, looks like you have some interest!:rock:

Indeed,

I'll talk to the other owners etc....

Will likely try to set something up for a weekend in July. The bugs die down a bit, the lake warms up for swimming, and Bass are in season for dinner etc. Like I said the camp is what it is... no hydro, running water for cleaning only (never tested for drinking), propane lights, outhouse etc. You can drive to it.... the road isn't great, but I have taken a car in there more than once (you have to go slow or you'll be missing parts by the time you get there).

I'll likely start a new thread when I have more details..... stay tooned to this one, I'll post a link on here to the Ontario GTG Thread when I get things worked out.

Last edited:
Ontario certainly is a large province and I'm on the west coast, north of Goderich. Nice to see there's a few other members scattered about. My saws are listed below and I cut to supply my own two stoves plus a widowed neighbour. The wood is mainly fallen trees from bush lots, farm lands and storm damage.
I never turn down the opportunity to work on or sharpen saws.
A summer GTG would be a great way to put faces with names.

What lake are you on back there Rowan?

Depends on what map you look on.... Some maps just list the grouping as "The Duck Lakes".... other maps break them out and name them. We've got 1/3 +/- of Crooked Lake. If you are looking on google maps, its South South West of Denbigh Lake. Our camp is at the end of Addington Rd #7.

No crown access, private land, spring fed, mainly small mouth bass, some large mouth and pike..... There's another lake on the property if you want to call it that (more of a pond)..... its about 5 - 8 acres, there's pike in it.

Depends on what map you look on.... Some maps just list the grouping as "The Duck Lakes".... other maps break them out and name them. We've got 1/3 +/- of Crooked Lake. If you are looking on google maps, its South South West of Denbigh Lake. Our camp is at the end of Addington Rd #7.

No crown access, private land, spring fed, mainly small mouth bass, some large mouth and pike..... There's another lake on the property if you want to call it that (more of a pond)..... its about 5 - 8 acres, there's pike in it.

Looks like a nice spot there in the center of those lakes !
How did your group do last November ?

RE 590: I like it alot, nice saw. To be honest I haven't completed the top end swap yet... its still in a box in the garage. I'm thinking I'll try to get it back together before my wood cutting trip in the spring.

RE November: Its a hunt camp as suspected.... I don't hunt myself, but the guys that do got 2 last year (6 guys). The year before they got 3, including the largest buck in the area for the first week of the hunt.... Can't remember the exact weight but I think it was about 240 lbs, a nice 10 pt.

I'm from near Stratford, ON. I cut wood for a stove in the basement, usually just helping neighbours or the odd farmer.
The saws I own are in my signature.

Rowan, your saved PM box is full and won't allow any more PM's to be sent to you.

Nice area sledded and biked through there many times. We hunt down closer to the Maz., buddy shot a beautiful eight pointer around the 240 mark also. Many fond memories of the area, maybe when the family gets older I'll get back more often.

Back