Oops!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I would rather have that Echo (in fact I do) than a moronic or autoboom! saw. Too bad about the damage to that good saw.

Tho I would throw my Echo under the bus to save a few others I have...

:innocent:

Jesus Christ!
This reminds me of something I saw this morning while walking my dogs.
My neighbour who was living in Australia recently came back. He's in his early 80's and used to work as a park ranger. He has cut a lot of trees in his time.
Well, he too it upon himself to cut a load of mature ash trees along the hedgerows in one of his fields.
Most of them went fine without any bother, however one he had to cut at shoulder height to avoid barbed wire. The tree went backwards, crushed another fence and 4/5 of it landed in a neighbours garden. His undercut was 2/3 of the tree's diameter and his back cut was 6 inches higher!

Echo is a mighty fine saw. Stihl and Husky only have 2 year warranties, Echo has a FIVE year warranty. That says something about the confidence of their product.
I've had Stihls, Huskys, Macs, and other saws, but the Echo brand is really quite impressive, especially for the price. With those other brands, you're paying as much for the name as the quality.

I tried starting my Dolmar that morning - after a few dozen pulls I gave it up and went to my Echo - started right up.

But I will say I brought my Stihl 661 to a job after not using it for months - started on the FIRST pull.

But now I have another OOPS to share - I tried getting two logs onto my truck by lifting one end with levers, comealongs, etc. No good. Decided to make some skids. Almost went and bought some metal for that, and decided 2 sets of 3 2x4's nail together should do it.
4A0B7183-C38B-49D0-A64A-6F564B9C2C7E.jpeg
Got the smaller log up with little difficulty. The second log was almost up when it gave way on one end, shortly after this pic was taken. Sorry, I forgot to get a pic of it in it's fallen state. Well, more levers, a second comealong and a couple of choice words got it on the truck.
Well, next time I'll get some steel for skids, but that'll be a while. I have no more room for even firewood, much less milled slabs, so I'll have to turn down everything now. Shoot. I need some acreage!!

Latest posts

Back