Opening a tree service business

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Often in red ink.

damn. That sucks. I’m sure it does have it’s good seasons and bad seasons. I want to hear all the bad experiences bc those are the things most people won’t say when you run into them and say “hey, how’s business?“.

In a perfect world I’d love to keep myfull time night shift job since it does pay well. And once the tree go is up and running successfully with all the necessity equipment I could manage and quote and run it from the owner/administration side of things. There’s definitely plenty of people out there who do that through out the country in many fields.

the whole point of my thread is for ideas on how to get STARTED, UP AND RUNNING & what equipment is the best to purchase as a new company. Thanks again for your input man.

I started when I was 22. I was a “fly by night” type until I was 30. 25 years being truly in business. I am 55 now, planning to retire in 5 years or less.

Times were different back then. Now, anyone can look to see if you are licensed or insured. Any smart homeowner will not hire a fly by night guy

I hold myself to a higher standard. I won’t do a job under $2,500. I had to fire a guy so I only have 2 guys working for me now, but we need another guy with all the calls we get done. I tell people my minimum over the phone which disqualifies a lot of them so I am not wasting my time or theirs

I started when I was 22. I was a “fly by night” type until I was 30. 25 years being truly in business. I am 55 now, planning to retire in 5 years or less.

Fly by night meaning. It wasn’t your full time profession at first? You did tree work part time & slowest funded it Ofer time?
If so, and you did that. Why is it a bad thing for me to? Contradicting don’t you think lol.

I said I want to do it legit from my very first post. License, insured ISA certs.I’m not attempting to be some backyard hillbilly cutting down a tree from a ladder with an echo cs.

I am guilty of that when I was younger we accidentally sent a huge limb down on a mobile home. I didn’t have insurance so we had to take off. Back then I was operating under many different names but it was on the news. Luckily they didn’t have the technology to track me down.

I hold myself to a higher standard. I won’t do a job under $2,500. I had to fire a guy so I only have 2 guys working for me now, but we need another guy with all the calls we get done. I tell people my minimum over the phone which disqualifies a lot of them so I am not wasting my time or theirs
What's up with this...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-27 Dumb dude.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-27 Dumb dude.png
    257 KB · Views: 73
when I signed up on this site I put my Years in Business as my age. I didn’t realize they wanted my personal age. This profile is for my company Danny Tree LLC, not myself Daniel Charn

Mckeetree nice Photo Shot picture you posted of a message purportedly from me. Nobody will be fooled as it is clearly photo shot.

Mckee you are the “troll” photo shotting a message to discredit me on the forum. Nobody other than a fool would find that to be funny. You are just upset because you were proven wrong

Back