Opti 2 oil.... what is the base stock?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Not here to start another stupid “is this oil better than that oil” thread. Or a “should i use this oil “ thread

Just a simple question

Unless blind (very well could be[emoji23]) this oil has not advertised whether or not it is a synthetic blend or full synthetic....?

Looking at the EGD++ i assume it is synthetic blend at a minimum but does anyone know for sure?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Been using opti-2 for 15+ yrs in all of the 2 strokes. 40-1 ratio in everything and it has worked great. My brother and I have been very pleased with it. Any engine we have had torn down has a good coating of oil and the cylinder walls look good. No carb issues, either. I have no desire to change.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Been using opti-2 for 15+ yrs in all of the 2 strokes. 40-1 ratio in everything and it has worked great. My brother and I have been very pleased with it. Any engine we have had torn down has a good coating of oil and the cylinder walls look good. No carb issues, either. I have no desire to change.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
That doesn't answer the question at all though. Almost all oils will serve you well if used correctly.

Low end blend. Not bad, but nothing special to say the least.

A lot of the cheaper oils are blended with group 1,2 and 3 all together. Or just 1 and 2. If this is a lesser quality based stock as you say then that’s probably what the blend is.

Thanks

I’ve always had the opinion that if they are not freely giving out basic information to Show the quality of their product than I am not going to use it.

I’ve always had the opinion that if they are not freely giving out basic information to Show the quality of their product than I am not going to use it.

I believe at one time it actually said it was a blend in the literature the company supplied. You can olny tell so much from the MSDS, but the oil is mostly conventional at least 50% I'm not even sure it could be technically called a synthetic blend. This doesn't mean that the oil won't work, it's just nothing to continue to write about. If you want a good blend oil for long term storage, Yamalube 2R or Echo power blend.

I believe at one time it actually said it was a blend in the literature the company supplied. You can olny tell so much from the MSDS, but the oil is mostly conventional at least 50% I'm not even sure it could be technically called a synthetic blend. This doesn't mean that the oil won't work, it's just nothing to continue to write about. If you want a good blend oil for long term storage, Yamalube 2R or Echo power blend.

I know it is probably a good oil and will work fine. Im just seeking factual information on the product only.

Thanks man

Its hard to get facts of base stock group composition from the manufacturer's, they don't let out too much about composition details. You can kind of work it out though from the specs they do provide but its a little tricky to splain in a single post. A crude but fairly good way to tell if group IV or V base stocks are used is PRICE. Most synthetics will be blends in any case.

Its hard to get facts of base stock group composition from the manufacturer's, they don't let out too much about composition details. You can kind of work it out though from the specs they do provide but its a little tricky to splain in a single post. A crude but fairly good way to tell if group IV or V base stocks are used is PRICE. Most synthetics will be blends in any case.
Exactly. Though the better manufacturers will often state more, clear information.

Thanks guys

Back